• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

aaft Nav light issue ......

Insp Gadget

Well, not a good day for Gadget. I if can't start solving my own problems I'll have to change my handle!

Haven't had the '03 pro v out since July, that was a day trip so was going over things.

Have gotten the EXTREMELY finicky x104c to work most of the time but when testing the lighting for a full moon run to the pond, my aft tall white nav light doesn't work. Tried the forward red/green light in it's place and works fine, Checked the bulb, not shot, try in bow socket, no luck, must be the wires inside - will have to wreck it to get it open so off to cabelas I go and get a new (expensive but LED) stern light. It doesn't work either.

I plug it into the bow light socket and presto, works fine. now try the old stern light in the bow socket again so I can return the new expensive one but no ...... the old light still won't go. Tested the socket with a volt meter and both put out the same, new stern light and bow light work in front, but only bow light works in back.

Took a thin blade and made sure the posts were spread ok, cleaned with elec contact cleaner, that didn't help either.

Where did I go wrong?

Hey I got one!!!

Fussed around because it makes no sense and discovered that the polarity of the bow and stern sockets are reversed. No big deal to incandescent lights, but way big deal to leds!

Reversed the polarity and presto, we're fishing tomorrow night! hope this might help someone else.

Thanks!