• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lets see those shacks !!!

Gordie

I have three shacks and this is the latest creation.

it has removeable skis and I have not painted the inside yet but it will be done soon after it is insulated may have it spray foamed. I mixed acouple of differnt colors and the floor turned out dark purple(go vikings) I will also put some non skid tape on the floor and may carpet it. the hole is 24"x36"

100_1692.jpg

100_1691.jpg

100_1694.jpg

BNS I accually down sized. My one house is 4x6 and this one is 4x5 and my aluminum travel house is 4x5 if I build another one I will make it a 5x8 two holer.

I should have seen if the vikings won first before I made that comment but there was no way that the floor was going to be Green if you know what I mean.

mercman I made a angle iron frame and attached to the house then made the skis removeable ant the hitch is welded to the angle iron frame and I think I like the

PURPLE PIKE PUNISHER PALACE laugh

I just got the eyescrews in for the decoys and a couple of old levelwind reels tonight

now I trying to figure out what I'm going to use to heat it? I have a homemade gas heater and was thinking of making a wood heater cause thats they way I rember dad heating his shack and it would most likely stay on the lake that I live on so bring wood is not a problem and I have tons of wood and many places to get srape from. or maybe I'll make it a duel fuel stove.

Elwood that is a nice tight looking dark house. I would be interested in learning what materials you have into it, specifically what did you you use for sheething?

Also how do you guys handle the roof? Painted and caulked? Do people staple a bit of tar paper on top as well?

Early Riser my house is 2x2 framed and the floor is 7/16 OSB painted both sides and the sheating is luan plywood and two coats of exterior paint the roof is also luan and I had a gallon of flat roof stuff that looks like aluminum after you put it on. the other houses that I have are wood and aluminum the wood one has a flat roof and I put water and ice barrier on it and that was three years ago and it still hasn't leaked and it is stapled on that stuff really gets sticky when its hot and its like it won't come off. my aluminum one is just that aluminum

Good tips - thanks.

I used lauan as well - it is just over $10 a sheet at Menards. I had a gallon of spar varnish laying around and used that to finish the outside of the one I am building. It actually looks nice with the way it brought out the wood grain and darkened it. I will try and add another coat after everything is done. Trouble with the screws I had was that I couldn't get all of them set flush without some of them stripping, but at least they are galvanized. Did you staple your lauan sheets on? I may get some aluminum for the rood and corners. Where did you find your alum?

ER yes I stapled mine on and I may add some screws in the future the kind that they put on pole barn steel. I do construction alot of stone work, siding, roofing etc. and the aluminum is whats left off of the coil rolls its for doing the boxs and some facia on houses and you can buy it at Menards in 50ft rolls not sure what they get for it thou.