• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FIRE THE COACH

CrappieFshr651

I dont know if anybody agrees with me, but Brad Childress's style of play does not fit in with traditional Minnesota Vikings type of offense. This is getting rediculous these piddly little west coast type plays, we need a quarterback that can actually move the ball downfield and a coach who can coach that style. I would rather have Tice then Childress on the sidelines.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if anybody agrees with me, but Brad Childress's style of play does not fit in with traditional Minnesota Vikings type of offense. This is getting rediculous these piddly little west coast type plays, we need a quarterback that can actually move the ball downfield and a coach who can coach that style. I would rather have Tice then Childress on the sidelines.

I agree but T-Jack doesn't either, we need someone that can control the game and spread the offense AP and the D can only do so much

This loss has nothing to do with the coach. It has everything to do with lack of a passing game.

well it has to do with both, one sets up the practices, prepares his team and the players are to execute along with the coaches, so it is both coach and quarterback with the showing today sorry but I hope both are gone after december

Heck, I would rather have Denny Green- at least he always provided some excellent off field antics, oh yeah- he won a couple games here.

Whats Brian Billick up to??? Didn't he take a team with a great "D" and a shotty QB to a Super Bowl win???

It will be interesting to hear what he has to say how the offense underperformed. AP can't carry the team all season. Who is to take the blame. If we have to suffer another year of this when we were predicted to be a huge contender I think Wilf has to think about canning him. We have all the pieces except a qb and a coach. I heard somewhere that our line is made to maul over defenses because of our size that fits a vertical passing game and Chilly is trying to mold them into something diffrent with zone blocking.

Bill Cowher anyone?

He wouldn't come back, he retired on his own terms, and I think he is happy with his decision. We messed up YEARS ago by not promoting either Dungy or Billick when they were here, Dungy especially. Billick probably would come here, and if the Vikes had agreed to give Parcells control like the Phins did, he might have came here. Schottenheimer was a proven winner as well (maybe not the playoffs, but regular season) and I wouldn't mind him coming here as well

This all seems a bit pre-mature to me...it's just 0-2 guys, if you had looked on the schedule before the season started and said we were going to beat Indy I would have laughed, and a game at Lambeau is always tough...we got a lot of games left, and we have played 2 very good defenses so far. Give Chilli at least till the end of this season, and if we don't make the playoffs, then I agree something has to be done

Anyone know what the percentage of teams that start 0-2 make the playoffs? I doubt it's very good, but I'd be curious if anyone has that stat.

Since 1978, exactly 224 teams have (gone 0-2), and only 26 of those teams were able to climb out of that hole and make the playoffs. Only 11.6 percent of teams that have started a 16-game NFL season 0-2 have played a meaningful game in January.