• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tarvaris Jackson

pulsar_nx

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here is the deal, no matter what way you look at this it all comes down to Childress. If you want to blame play calling, its Childress. If Childress is lacking confidence, why did he go with Jackson? Why didnt the vikings get more aggressive in finding another option in the offseason? If Jackson can't read a defense at this point, why did Childress continue to go forward with him as the starter?? If this is all Jackson will ever be, well who is the talent evaluator? I am ready to see Frerotte simply because its time to see what Childress is all about. If Gus is the backup plan than Chilly must have confidence in him. So lets get Gus in there and see if the playcalling changes. Lets see if its simply lack of confidence in jackson or if Childress really is that horrible at drawing up a gameplan and calling plays. Lets see if he has any ability whatsoever to make adjustments at halftime, because at this point it looks like he has zero ability. Lets see if the guy can really use Berrian. I mean he was brought in here for a certain purpose wasnt he? To burn defenses when they load the box? I dont think the vikings attempted a single pass the other day when the box was loaded. Childress waited until it was 3rd and 5 or longer and an obvious passing situation. Wouldnt it be smart once in a while to playaction, without the roleout, on 1st down and launch a few to Berrian 1 on 1 downfield? Thats what 31 other coaches in the NFL would be doing.

Great points JW. I could not agree more. Chilly is so locked up on TJack and he even made the point of saying>we put in plays that we think he should make, that equals short pass's even when there is 8 men in the box stopping Peterson. He also stated about how much progres TJack has made over the off season but I just don't see it. I do think he has the mechanical tools but is way lacking in the mental aspect. One more point I will make, after TJack threw the ball away at the end of the Peckers game Chilly had to go over and "Console" him rather then shaking the other coach's hand. That just shows me that TJack is very unstable in the confidence department. Just think of what C-pepper would have done with Peterson in his backfield during the glory days, They might have gone 15-1 WITH a full run throught the playoffs.

Bottom line a new coach a QB that can play better ball then a high school QB or maybe start your backup Gus and see where he can take you T Jackson is not the answer.
Wow i may and must say may of been right here with starting Gus but the game isnt over hope they can hold up.