• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tarvaris Jackson

pulsar_nx

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think these stats tell you the difference in the game.

Tavaris Jackson

C/ATT YDS AVG TD

14/24 130 5.4 0

FYI, Manning had 300+ yards passing despite a terrible first half.

TJack 14-24 130yds 0TD's Record 0-2

Rodgers 24-38 328yds 3TD's Record 2-0

Don't worry purple rubes.....TJack will come around! laugh LOL

Jackson didn't look as terrible as the boo-birds would indicate, although I agree that he has no accuracy at all beyond fifteen yeards. That has got to improve. There were plenty of other problems today that were in no way Tarvaris Jackson's fault.

And there is no way anyone can say Troy Williamson's immense suckitude can be blamed on Jackson. Williamson was in Minnesota for three years, and dropped a lot of balls that were thrown by QBs other than Jackson. Plus, Williamson excelled at dropping balls that were right in the numbers, regardless of who threw them.

Gutless loser.

4th quarter 3rd and 5.

They run it into the center kiester....to try a 47 yard fieldgoal.

It starts with the coach, who sticks with a worthless quarterback.

Get rid of both of them now and start over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tweed

Chile,Shianco and Jackson need to go, it was evident last game, this game and probably next game. Tired of this terrible short lived program. They sucked us in one more time believing we had something. Don't even want to hear it's only been two games, these are the type of games that keep you out of the playoffs, even the first one or two games count in the end. Ziggy can't put off the inevitable might as well do it now.

Gutless loser.

4th quarter 3rd and 5.

They run it into the center kiester....to try a 47 yard fieldgoal.

It starts with the coach, who sticks with a worthless quarterback.

Get rid of both of them now and start over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tweed

I couldn't agree more. Three hours of my life that I will never get back!!!

Jackson didn't look bad early in the second half when Childress let him roll out for a few plays. Then he threw one bad pass and all the Viking "fans" started booing. Can't these people see that the play-calling is killing this team? Jackson was once more restricted to throwing those stupid short-yardage bootlegs to the RBs and TE's. It is real easy to defend against those vanilla plays, regardless of who is taking snaps. I'm not saying Jackson can or will be a good NFL QB...but with the predictable play-calling how would Frerotte be any better? Jackson is working in a West Coast system that he is not ready or well-suited to run, and that system is being run by an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly named Brad Childress.

Just so you know we are 0-2 but both games were close, and each was within 1 score . We could just as easy be 2-0. Although the team looks good at times, then the team looks just horrible other times. I am not off the wagon yet!

This thread is ridiculous, guess which quarterback had a higher rating after that game? It wasn't Peyton Manning, check the stats. Only morons are booing after that game and blaming it on the quarterback. Missed opportunities, and weak play calling are to blame. Get off this kid's back, it isn't his fault.

Don't put it all on TJack. The play calling is horrible and inconsistent, and in my opinion the biggest contributor to the Vikings' offensive struggles.

Shaincoe comes in second.

TJack's innaccurate deep ball is the third largest contributor.

Most everyone knew heading into this season that our offensive brainpower was questionable. Obviously none of the coaches attended any offensive play calling classes over the offseason.

I wonder how much play calling Childress is overuling Bevell. If Chilly is overruling many of the play calls then yes Chilly is to blame. Peterson won't last half a season if he has to carry the load all the time. I don't think they know how to execute a screen pass yet. Shianco has to be a big bust in free agency. He was supposed to be a bigger part of the offense this year, but he is reminding me of Williamson too much. Is Berrian the only receiver Tjack looks for? We are going to go thru another year where defenses will only play the run because we still have no passing game. Our qb can't execute. When we run as much as we did tells me Chilly has no confidence in our passig game or maybe Jackson. If we are not 500 midway thru the season then I say bench Jackson for Frerotte and maybe start over with Booty. We will need to look for another qb next offseason.

The main reason he had a higher QB rating is he avoided throwing an interception. Basically, he can't complete a pass to a player on either team. WallyGator if you think he looked better than Manning, you musta fell asleep for the second half.