Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adamr

Will a lcd tv freeze

5 posts in this topic

will a lcd tv freeze and cause problems long term?

You looking to keep one in your shanty? If so, I would worry about thieves before freeze.

I have left mine in the ice house overnight but didn't do it very often. It'll frost up once the temperature comes up in the house so you'll have to let it sit for a few hours to let it dry out. Long term it could potentially cause corrosion issues so I probably wouldn't make it a habit. I have that TV in my house now and it's still working fine.

Yes, thieves are another issue altogether. I'm glad I had the TV out of my shack when it was broken into last winter. thumbsdown.gif

We had OVER 20 icehouses broken into last winter in Fairmont. One reason why I am dragging my feet on a permanent. He got caught, BTW- but still. Doors had to be fixed, and its a bear getting your stuff back.

That's too bad. I pulled mine home, fixed the door, and sold it.

Much happier in my Otter, but I still miss the house sometimes like the real cold and windy days. It was a good shack.