• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

World Poker Store State Finals

zamboni

Got invited to the World Poker Store finals yesterday at Jackpot Junction in Morton. Don't know if anyone else from this site was there or not, but what a fun day (until I got beat) We had alot of people there, I never heard a number, but am guessing around 400-500 people. I ended up in the 80th-90th range before getting knocked out. At the last state finals, I made the final table and ended up getting 10th place (out of 400 or so). My highlight of the day was getting to meet poker pro Marcel Luske and getting my picture taken with him:

Picture007-2.jpg

There was a female Asian player there as well, but she isn't as well known as Luske, and to be quite honest- I can't remember her name. My cell phone takes a horrid picture, either that or my buddy had the shakes! They had come over from the Trent Tucker Invitational, wish Michael Jordan had came with them, that would have been cool!

Zamboni,

I think you would have made the final table if you were sporting the Silver and Black! That shirt choice probably led to your collapse! LOL Just kidding, man, I love Texas Hold Em and follow both the World Series and WPT. I like Marcel, he is very entertaining at the table. I also like Daniel Negraneau, Phil Locke and Antonio Esfandiari. I played with Phil Helmuth the last time I was in Vegas at the Mirage, he was OK, I think he is a tool but he is entertaining, kind of like Mike the Mouth. I got his autograph but did not have my cell phone on me to get a photo.

Windy

I know this is completely off topic....

Friday night at Running Aces, the bad beat jackpot hit, $84,000.

Worst part of that whole deal, it was the seat that lost in the hand, for the biggest share of the jackpot, I'd sat in when they opened the table, a 2/4 table. Too bad about an hour before the jackpot, I'd thought I'd win more money at a 3/6 table. laugh

I went back Saturday night (yes, wife and kids were out of town) and the flippin jackpot went off again for $63,000. This time though it was the table next to me.

I guess I can say at least I was in the same room.

I was almost involved in a bad beat in Kansas City at Harrahs. This was back when the Aces/Jacks full house rule was minimum for a bad beat. I had AJ and flop was A A J. I was betting, getting raised, re-raising, and so on and so forth. Me and one other guy. Plus, there was a 3rd guy involved that was all in, it was a 3/6 table. I was wanting to lose to JJ so bad, so I would get the big share of the bad beat. Bad beat was about $250,000. Very nice. Come showdown time, he had A J as well. The all-in guy didn't have anything. He said I thought we had a bad beat going there, I told him I did too.