• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Insulated or not?

slick2526

I had 2 guys who got the Frabill 300 R-2 Techs bring back there Bib Bubby's to get the Little Buddy because the Big buddy was too warm. So what does that tell ya? It takes a significantly less amount of BTU's to heat them and you gain more room and less weight because of the smaller heaters needed.

A battery ceiling fan with the LED lighting is a great tweak for any of these units because the circulation of heat from the ceiling around the shack is a huge aid to keeping you comfortable. The warm air circulation also helps to keep holes open and reduce window frosting. The small camp fans with the built in LED lights are a must in larger flip shacks.

Dan,

I have had a few people tell me that without the filter is works great for a while, but by the end of the season they have problems with the heater working.

I am going to just try the hose with the tank outside this year. I am sick of using one pound tanks!

been doing it that way for years in the boat and in the flip shack the 1lb tanks are nice but they dont seem to burn all the way down when it gets really cold. they do make an adapter to fill them 1 pound tanks with a bigger tank I have been keeping the little tanks for a while now just have not took the plunge to get the adaptor.

I have a Clam Guide 2-man converted to one. No insulation. No extra mods to weight it down. Use a single Buddy heater. Bought it when they first hit the shelves. Refill my 1# bottles. Never had a filter. Never had a problem. It's plenty warm til it hits 10-15 below. I layer clothes for portable fishing as temps vary thru the day. Good boots are a must. If I want to sit in my t-shirt and socks I use my perm.