• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new fish house questions

adamr

Im building a new house 7 x 16 with v nose is there any other place to get fish hole lights besides fish house supply theres seem pricy.

How well would the 12v dc rope light work? Can you get them cut to length?

How well do the solar chargers work did you mount them to the roof or to the outside wall?

Im putting a rubber roof on. Is the menards rubber the same thickness as a commercial rubber or wont it matter.

Were can a guy get the aluminum strip to fasten down the rubber.

Can flat screen tvs freeze without any problems.

thanks in advace. nutless

adam,

would think there'd be several options with the led lights, just do a search.

where would you be putting the rope light? doubt if you can cut to length. you'd have to rig that up pretty special i think if you're just using that for your hole lights.

i'd like to hear about the rubber as well. the fm ultimate fish house has a menards rubber roof, but i don't know what other options are out there. the aluminum strip...not sure either, but ask deadminnowcatcher on the fm ultimate fish house topic.

plasma screen will freeze, some lcd's do not but i wouldn't risk it. lcd stands for liquid crystal display.

nutless...umm, does that mean what i think it means or does it just mean that you are married?

If you check hsolist, you'll find LED string lights. I put 2 48 LED strands and 1 96 strand in my 6.5X17 drop down and found that they put out enough light to do everything. I actually like them better than the 4 RV lights I installed. It's less straining on the eyes, and I've found that they make a nearly shadowless environment. They're installed where the ceiling and wall meet.

I used the Menards rubber roof and adhesive. Good stuff with plenty of thickness I feel. If you run back to the carpet section, you'll find aluminum transition strips for less than the official rubber roof trim.

Hope that helps!

If you are just looking for hole lights, go to the junkyard and pick up some sidemarker lights.

Easy to mount, they have rubber around them to make them durable and the lights and bulbs are cheap. Plus, those lights are bright. Just be sure to put them where you can't see the light when you are fishing- gets a little annoying if you have to look at that light.

Ive learned a lot lately a commercial roofer told me the menards roofing rubber is .045 thick commercial is .060 he said for what I need it for menards is plenty good besides that its EASIER to use you need to glue it down thou. Now I have to seam it but getting seam glue from him. Will post pictures once I get it figured out how. think im gonna skip fish hole lights and just use rope light. bought a furnace but didnt get the kind the with ducting thou. Has anybody here mounted the furnace In a bench in the back do your feet sweat in the back or I was gonna put it in the v and aim at the door any opinions. thanks for any advice