Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Valv

FREE Legos

52 posts in this topic

I have a 35 gallons bin full of Legos, mostly Lego brand but some others.

It's been sitting in my barn for a couple of years and it's covered and full of dust but if you just dump everything in a tub and rinse it there's at least $ 1000 worth of them.

It will keep your child busy for years.

Free for the taker, I can leave it by the mailbox but cannot be on Wednesdays or Waste Management will pick it up shocked

Valv, if for some reason Harvey does not pick them up, I have a great charity that would love them.

Coach, Please let me know if you would like some of them and if so, I will not take them all. Please reply here by tomorrow am as thats when I'm leaving to get them. if you see this a little late, call me on my cell at 320-510-1650.

To whom ever picked up the Lego's this am early. It would have been very considerate of you to have posted that you were going to pick them up. I posted I was going to drive there this am as I did and they were already gone. Coach was second in line and called me to see if he could have some and I told him I would leave half of them for him for a homeless shelter. Typically one will post that they are interested and then it usually goes by whomever posted first.

I guess the 100 miles I drove was at least a nice morning drive.

To whom ever picked up the Lego's this am early. It would have been very considerate of you to have posted that you were going to pick them up. I posted I was going to drive there this am as I did and they were already gone. Coach was second in line and called me to see if he could have some and I told him I would leave half of them for him for a homeless shelter. Typically one will post that they are interested and then it usually goes by whomever posted first.

I guess the 100 miles I drove was at least a nice morning drive.

Ouch Tom, that was a heck of a drive for nothing. I wonder is it wasn't an FM'er and just someone driving by that took them. I doubt we'll ever know for sure though.

One needed to drive into the yard to get them as Valv had posted. I would guess that someone saw it posted here as they needed to know where they were.

Like I said, it was a nice morning for a drive.

I only posted this to try and let all the others know that when someone speaks for them first that another should not go there without posting as others have taken time out of their day and drive there to find nothing.

Thanks again Harvey for letting me know or it would of been 70 miles and a 1 1/2 hours for me also.

Are you sure it was someone from FM? Sounds real low for someone in here. confused

Sorry to hear that Tom. Did you find any other things you couldnt do without while you were there?

Besides arent you a bit old to be playing with Legos still? wink

No, I don't know for sure but since the post was made here, one could assume.

To old to play games, not me. The Lego's were for a kinda poor family I know in town and the others were going to a homeless shelter for women and kids.

No one was home so no shopping was done.

DANG! Gettin' dirty over some legos; and ones for charity. That is LOWWWW!

I think I will be sending an order of Legos to a shelter here in Itasca county. Somebody, Somewhere deserves some LEGOS!

Tom thats a great thing for you guys to do. Thats COOL!

If someone from here truely did go get them in front of you Karma will catch up to them.

Might not have been a memeber, there are a lot of lurkers on here. I would like to believe we are better than that. But every family has it's bad eggs I guess. Big this is that Tom and Coach meant well and hearts were in the right place. Sad someone stepped in and took these away from needy folks.

I am sorry, to ask, but how did the person who got them, know where to go. No directions were given here. Could it have been a drive by in Lonsdale.

Just asking. Sorry for incident. Very Good Intentions

G.C.

It may have been a lurker. If they knew where valv lived and read the post that they would be by the garbage cans then it would not have been very hard. I don't know that it was a person viewing FM, but it would appear that way unless these items were posted elsewhere.

Doesn't matter that much, I just wanted to let others know that the way the forum works is that people respond that are interested so this does not happen all the time and many drive there for nothing.

"IF THEY KNEW WHERE VALV LIVED" is the key. Was the mailbox out by the street or road. If so a drive by would be my choice.

Its still a bummer either way.

G.C.

I think it would be jumping to conclusions to assume it was someone on FM. My guess is just someone driving by. It is kind of a unwritten rule in the scavenger business that something left by the road/curb is free for the taking. I have gotten rid of stuff like this before. Of course I put FREE on it but I am sure it would have gone anyway if I hadn't. Next to garage or something is a much safer bet.

It was not left by a curb or in view of the road. Lets just drop this as it will change nothing at all.

WHOAA everybody !!! Nobody took anything.

I am on my way back from South Carolina and Legos haven't been put outside since I couldn't login to FM to check the replies. I apologize to everybody.

Tom, they are yours, and I will refund gas money you spent. I really, apologize for this.