• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FREE Legos

I have a 35 gallons bin full of Legos, mostly Lego brand but some others.

It's been sitting in my barn for a couple of years and it's covered and full of dust but if you just dump everything in a tub and rinse it there's at least $ 1000 worth of them.

It will keep your child busy for years.

Free for the taker, I can leave it by the mailbox but cannot be on Wednesdays or Waste Management will pick it up shocked

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To whom ever picked up the Lego's this am early. It would have been very considerate of you to have posted that you were going to pick them up. I posted I was going to drive there this am as I did and they were already gone. Coach was second in line and called me to see if he could have some and I told him I would leave half of them for him for a homeless shelter. Typically one will post that they are interested and then it usually goes by whomever posted first.

I guess the 100 miles I drove was at least a nice morning drive.

To whom ever picked up the Lego's this am early. It would have been very considerate of you to have posted that you were going to pick them up. I posted I was going to drive there this am as I did and they were already gone. Coach was second in line and called me to see if he could have some and I told him I would leave half of them for him for a homeless shelter. Typically one will post that they are interested and then it usually goes by whomever posted first.

I guess the 100 miles I drove was at least a nice morning drive.

Ouch Tom, that was a heck of a drive for nothing. I wonder is it wasn't an FM'er and just someone driving by that took them. I doubt we'll ever know for sure though.

No, I don't know for sure but since the post was made here, one could assume.

To old to play games, not me. The Lego's were for a kinda poor family I know in town and the others were going to a homeless shelter for women and kids.

No one was home so no shopping was done.

Might not have been a memeber, there are a lot of lurkers on here. I would like to believe we are better than that. But every family has it's bad eggs I guess. Big this is that Tom and Coach meant well and hearts were in the right place. Sad someone stepped in and took these away from needy folks.

It may have been a lurker. If they knew where valv lived and read the post that they would be by the garbage cans then it would not have been very hard. I don't know that it was a person viewing FM, but it would appear that way unless these items were posted elsewhere.

Doesn't matter that much, I just wanted to let others know that the way the forum works is that people respond that are interested so this does not happen all the time and many drive there for nothing.

I think it would be jumping to conclusions to assume it was someone on FM. My guess is just someone driving by. It is kind of a unwritten rule in the scavenger business that something left by the road/curb is free for the taking. I have gotten rid of stuff like this before. Of course I put FREE on it but I am sure it would have gone anyway if I hadn't. Next to garage or something is a much safer bet.

WHOAA everybody !!! Nobody took anything.

I am on my way back from South Carolina and Legos haven't been put outside since I couldn't login to FM to check the replies. I apologize to everybody.

Tom, they are yours, and I will refund gas money you spent. I really, apologize for this.