• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

East-Metro Butcher open on Sunday?

BradB

Can any of you recommend a butcher in the East Metro who is open on Sunday? In early season like this I hesitate to shoot a deer as I want to take care of it properly. I don't have the facilities myself, and if I get one I want to get it cooled off quickly in a locker.

Off to hunt!

If you run into a heat issue, here is what I will do when we are hunting and noone is open. First, skin the deer and then we quarter it and place it in a freezer with a 2x4 in the lid to keep it open a few inches for the night. Now, this is a older freezer that we keep just for this and it does not have any other food in it.

Thanks guys. I'm doing a lot of metro hunting in the next week and want to be ready. Nadeau's sounds good and convenient. So far I've passed on 7 bucks and been winded by a doe. So at this rate I won't have to find a meat locker. Maybe I should release an arrow though?

Nadeau's market down in Hugo is open.

Tunrevir~

I tried calling them and they answered "Superior Market" and said they were under new ownership. I asked if they did venison processing and they said no.

Is there someone else in Hugo who took over, or is picking up the slack?

how big are those buck you are seeing, there must be a dandy around you are waiting for

I saw three 8's, one 4, and two forks (one blonde) yesterday. Two of the 8's were small bodied and basket-racked, and one was a big deer with a thick antlers with one side pointing down--he also had a scar from an arrow from some previous year. I didn't take him as it was the first day and I didn't feel like it. If I see him again in range I'm taking him. Today I saw the blonde fork and the doe that winded my Rasberry Pop Tarts (but never saw me).

I have a semi-private place in the city to hunt, plus MBRB, plus some private land in Rochester. So I'm going to try and stack up the does this year and wait for Mr. Big.

Grundhofer's Old Fashion Meats is a couple miles north of the old Nadeau's on Hwy. 61. They do a great job and have fair pricing. They are open until 7:00 on Saturday's and until 6:00 on Sunday's. You can find them out back later when things get going. I think some of the old Nadeau's gang is there.