• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Are these legal?

pkwalleye

If I'm not mistaken, it isn't illegal to feed the deer, only to use the feeder as bait.

Likewise, it isn't illegal to own or have the lights, only to use them for the taking of fish.

Bob

There are a lot of things that one can find at a store that are illegal. Be aware of the regs is all I can say.

What I really hate is when you buy something that is currently legal and then the next year is outlawed.

That cast net is gathering a lot of dust in my garage. wink

Originally Posted By: pkwalleye
i was wondering if those night fishing lights are legal in mn.

Are they?

confused

PK

Like it says in the Garage Logic intro: "the state where nothing is allowed"

BTW: deer baiting is not allowed either, yet they sell the feeders here. What's up with that?

Marijuana pipes aren't legal, yet there are entire stores that sell nothing but them. There are always loopholes in laws people seem to sidestep, deer feeders may be used as sheep, goat, etc feeders, thats why they might get away with it.

Better read my post again, Cliffy. I said there are ways to sidestep laws, and you just basically said the same thing. They say the pipes are "tobacco" pipes. If you, me and anyone else buys that, we all belong in the nut house. Its a loophole in the law, and they know that. Those pipes are made for marijuana, and we all know that, and eventually will be made illegal, alot of states are already in the process of making them illegal.

Yeah, that is what I was trying to say...I was simply pointing out that they are not illegal in themselves......they are only illegal if they have been used. It appears we agree.

I think it will be a loooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggg time before MN makes just the unused pipes illegal. Currently, possession of an actual used MJ pipe is the same as a simple speeding ticket.

The lights the poster is talking about had to be a variation of the "evening Secret" I'm sure.

But....

"Using an artificial light to lure or attract fish is unlawful. Exception: While angling, a person may affix to the end of a fishing line a lighted artificial bait with hooks attached. Any battery that is used in lighted fishing lures cannot contain any intentionally introduced mercury."