• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

attaching aluminum sheet to shack ....

Insp Gadget

Hey guys, don't want to sound stupid but don't want to make a mistake either. We were going to use Stainless Pan head screws to attach our painted sheet Aluminum to our shack, Plain 2x3's not copper treated stuff, and the lovely people at the store I ordered them from yesterday for pickup today between 8am and noon decided not to open today so no screws for Gadget.

We were planning on doing the job tomorrow and the only thing I have been able to locate in sufficient quantity are electro galvanized pole barn screws that have the washer and cushioning washer on them. (they happen to be dark green and our siding is a medium green so that could turn out to be a good thing) Are we ok using them or will they interact with the siding and corrode it? I have not been able to find the answer online, in some cases galvanized roofing nails have been used with alum siding but nothing definitive.

Any help is appreciated or suggestions on what type of screws available on a weekend have you used and had no problem with.

Thanks!

I know that steel and aluminum corrode when they come into contact whith each other. Don't know for sure whether the pole barn screws would or not.

I was wondering if you are going to run your sheets down past the trailer which is steel also? Do most people run it all the way to the bottom?

Yes, we are running down over the frame and I believe most do. we coated our frame with Herculiner bed liner and that stuff is awesome. The pole barn screws say electro galvanized but look more like the epoxy coat on the new copper - green treat screws.

Just not sure!!