Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnK

Wolves

6 posts in this topic

Sadly, not taken in the wild, there very few wolves here and I haven't made it to Yellowstone yet. The first three are gray wolves from NW Trek, a game farm/zoo south of Seattle, WA. The second two are red wolves taken at the Minnesota Zoo.

These three were all taken with the Sigma 150-500 @ 500mm wide open.

DSC_9949.jpg

DSC_9953.jpg

DSC_9957_Gray_Wolf_Fixed.jpg

Red Wolves

70-300VR

DSC_5216.jpg

18-200VR

DSC_5396.jpg

Nice ones, John! Those last three in particular are great. Thanks for sharing them.

Is that the new Sigma 150-500OS? If it is how long have you had it and how well do you like it? It looks like it takes fairly sharp images at 500mm. I like the third one the best. Thanks for sharing.

I'm with Steve, the last three look good.

Nice stuff John! YF beat me to it. I am also interested in your review of the 150-500mm.

Thanks guys, #3 and #5 are my favorites too.

I'll start a separate thread with my thoughts on the 150-500.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   Then I wonder if they'll go back to the old way.
    •   Melt.   They should invite Obama and do a real roast of Donny boy.  
    • 6 million dollars per mile.    Oh My. Did Mexico cut the check for the down payment yet?  Has Merkel cut a check to Nato yet?    
    •   Plus+ 1 the carb. It's filling up the crank case with gas. After you clean or rebuild the carb tip it on the side with the plug out to drain the crank before trying to start it. Or if it's going to be a while take the plug out now and may be the gas will evap a bit by the time you get at the repair. good luck and let us know how it went. That was my first ATC.  
    • Ovi sure makes it look easy out there. What a beast.
    • And we know you like it raw.  No vaseline.   Pink steak, sure.  But raw burger just isn't my jam.   
    • AHH..... Memories.... I would have loved to have a odometer on our  Tri-Moto 125, had to have put thousands of miles on that 3 wheeler, burnt it down a few times when we were kids but Dad said you'll have to learn to fix it yourself! I'm not bringing it back to the dealer every time there's something wrong! We got good at new pistons and rings and gasket sets..... eventually we brought it to the dealer in pieces after we couldn't fix it anymore, think it was a rod bearing that eventually was it's demise, ended up getting a rippin' Tri-Moto 175 after that, those wheelers were our main transportation since we didn't have drivers licenses yet....... good times for sure.   You're carb is having issues, I would go there first, somethings not stopping the fuel from getting into your carb, either the float has a hole in it and isn't floating, or it could be sticking somewhere or your needle and seat are shot.   Give the carb a good once over and you should have your problem fixed.   Those were pretty basic 2 cycle engines, I don't think they even had reed valves.   Mike    
    • I planned on getting seeds and starting them at home, I won't be up there until late April. I have planted squash up there and they did not grow, I will look at blue hubbard, I have not had/grown them before, they sound interesting.
  • Our Sponsors