• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's it like

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Well, it's going to be a while before I can get into a 5th wheel, so would you embellish me a bit a tell me what it's like having your own cabin on wheels? I will experience it vicariously through your description, so be specific for me smile

Sort of like reading a book and putting yourself there.

for us, it's about time with family. we looked at going seasonal, but part of the fun for us is traveling to different campgrounds and seeing different things. we have 2 kids and love the camping season. it's not about the cabin on wheels, because you are only in it to sleep. it's just a matter of being more comfortable than is say a tent. I have a travel trailer. once you get a routine, it's nothing to hook up, and when you get there, it's only a one beer job to set everything up the way you want, then it's off to the park with the kids, over to the lake to fish, to the trail for a bikeride, playing games, then supper on the grill, campfire, smores.........get up and do it all again. we don't travel far from home (usually within 100 miles) We don't care if were 4 miles from home. because when your camping, the lawn isn't staring at you needing to be mowed, the other things that need to be done at home will still be there when you get home.

For us it is about getting away from phones, email, tv pagers etc and not worrying about work or the grass or the other odd jobs we have going on. We like to go places where you can't get a cabin, stay in motel/hotel and just enjoy nature, but not have to do without a comfortable bed and shower. We really only spend time in the 5th wheel unless it is raining.

We spend time fishing, hiking, relaxing sitting around a campfire. Nice to be out there and not have to sleep on the ground. Kind of "Roughing it Smoothly" approach to camping for us.

I agree with all. The grass can wait and the bills can pile up in the mail box. I dont really own my own camper. My mom and dad let my family use there camper during the summer. Trust me it looks like a real pile but for us its a God send. We tried to camp for a couple of years useing a tent but it seemed like every time we went it would rain for at least 2 days. When we go camping we try to go for a week. Not always but most of the time. I dont look forward to anything else more then those week long trips to the lakes and the woods when the biggest worry for the next 7 days will be if I brought enough beer and if I can get a fire going in the pit without looking like a fool in front of the wife and kids. It rained for a couple hours this past summer while we were camping, We all piled into the small camper and talked. We laughed and joked with one another and I really was happy. I almost didnt want the rain to stop. But alas it did and everybody headed back outside. I think about that day alot and I know it will be one that will stick with me forever.our camper is small and we bump and push our way in and out but I love it.

thats my 2 cents on campers. LOL