• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat electronics

tweet0753

Question

Got to update my boat's electronics. Got a real old "Eagle II" thats starting to die. What are some of your thoughts. As always..thanks for your time

[This message has been edited by tweet0753 (edited 10-09-2002).]

7 answers to this question

A Lowrance x91 will do the job quite nicely, Or if thats too much for you, drop down to the x71. Theyre both great units. I'm a big Lowrance fan along with many others. My Lowrance is the first unit that i ever trusted.

Tweet,

Well I happen to think the same. Lowrance is (in my opinion) the best locator on the market. They are a little more expensive than the others but the pay off is far greater. Better resolution, options and durability. The Lowrance X91 is an excellent locator will run you around $400.
The X71 is also good, it has less pixels than the 400 also less peak to peak power. Still a decent locator for around $250. Otherwise Eagle locators are still great. They have always been good however now that they have teamed up with Lowrance (LEI, Lowrance, Eagle Inc.) they are even better.
Check out the Fishmark series which are good locators for the money. Either way in my opinion you can not go wrong with a Lowrance Product. Good Luck

smile.gif Happy Fishing smile.gif

Buy where you can find the cheapest price, 9 out of ten dealers don't provide service work. Lowrance prefers you send the units to them for service and they are very fast and efficient.

I'm with Fishin'Bemidji. Had a Lowrance flasher going on 20 years, company always serviced it quickly. Now we've got a liquid crystal graph.

One word of advice if you haven't already heard it: If you can afford it, get a graph with GPS built in. What a great deal. I've got a hand-held, and it's a lifesaver.

Don't know Lowrance enough to know if the models mentioned above have GPS or not.

I can personally vouch for lowrance service work. Send a unit in, and they charge a flat fee, and fix whatever is wrong. It is a very fast turnaround time too. I think its a good idea, go for the best price and know that lowrance will take care of you if something happens.