Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tweet0753

Boat electronics

8 posts in this topic

Got to update my boat's electronics. Got a real old "Eagle II" thats starting to die. What are some of your thoughts. As always..thanks for your time

[This message has been edited by tweet0753 (edited 10-09-2002).]

A Lowrance x91 will do the job quite nicely, Or if thats too much for you, drop down to the x71. Theyre both great units. I'm a big Lowrance fan along with many others. My Lowrance is the first unit that i ever trusted.

folks, I really do appreciate, a lot, your input...any other ideas on electronics....thanks for your time BIGGUNS3 I will checkout your reccomendations

Tweet,

Well I happen to think the same. Lowrance is (in my opinion) the best locator on the market. They are a little more expensive than the others but the pay off is far greater. Better resolution, options and durability. The Lowrance X91 is an excellent locator will run you around $400.
The X71 is also good, it has less pixels than the 400 also less peak to peak power. Still a decent locator for around $250. Otherwise Eagle locators are still great. They have always been good however now that they have teamed up with Lowrance (LEI, Lowrance, Eagle Inc.) they are even better.
Check out the Fishmark series which are good locators for the money. Either way in my opinion you can not go wrong with a Lowrance Product. Good Luck

smile.gif Happy Fishing smile.gif

Thanks so much Chev, should a guy buy via the internet or a local dealer for possible service work?

[This message has been edited by tweet0753 (edited 10-13-2002).]

Buy where you can find the cheapest price, 9 out of ten dealers don't provide service work. Lowrance prefers you send the units to them for service and they are very fast and efficient.

I'm with Fishin'Bemidji. Had a Lowrance flasher going on 20 years, company always serviced it quickly. Now we've got a liquid crystal graph.

One word of advice if you haven't already heard it: If you can afford it, get a graph with GPS built in. What a great deal. I've got a hand-held, and it's a lifesaver.

Don't know Lowrance enough to know if the models mentioned above have GPS or not.

I can personally vouch for lowrance service work. Send a unit in, and they charge a flat fee, and fix whatever is wrong. It is a very fast turnaround time too. I think its a good idea, go for the best price and know that lowrance will take care of you if something happens.