Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigWadeS

Tree Safety Harness

11 posts in this topic

Okay so I am a big guy, 6'5" 345lbs and have not been able to find a safety harness that fits, if it fits around my shoulders and back then it isn't long enough to go down to my legs, are there any other big guys on here that use one, if so what do you use? I am not worried about price as I am move worried about safety and the ability to use a lone wolf stand as opposed to 2-man ladder stand all the time.

6'4", 210. I have an Ameristep harness that works for me. I had the same concern about whether it would fit but tried a few on. I would go to a big time outdoor store and try a bunch on.

At 345#'s you probably won't find a recreational use harness with that high of a rating. Look for an industrial/commercial grade harness. They usually have higher weight ratings to allow for the added weight of a tool belt. Try Grainger, MSC or Mcmaster-carr, to start.

Also if your Lone Wolf stand is a climber you need to be both strong enough and agile enough to climb back onto the stand if you do fall. Keeping the safety line tied to the tree short will help keep the stand under you, this makes getting back into the stand much easier.

Your in Cottage Grove run up to 7Corners Hdwr. get a construction safety harness.

I would check out the Hunters safety System in the 3xl. That may fit you.

I would check out the Hunters safety System in the 3xl. That may fit you.

I believe Fleet has up to size 3XL on sale this week for $49.