Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
croixflats

Did you fill up on gas?

37 posts in this topic

With this hurricane hitting Galveston and Houston area, where 20% of Americas refineries are, good chance gas will go up in price.

Any one want to take a guess on how high. Gas has already gone up in the south. Ive got the boat and truck filled up so I'm good for 3 outings depending on how far I travel in the boat.

All I can say is I am going fishing tomorrow, I don't care if I have to pay $5 per gallon. But I am filling the truck up on the way home to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the tip, just called the wife on her way home and told her to fill up. I filled up on Wed at 3.39 and noticed that they just raised it to 3.59 here in New Brighton.

Amazing how fuel prices go up even when the oil prices go down!

I've got a comment in mind for it, but I'll keep quiet. Sometimes when you can't say anything nice/good, it's better to be left unsaid. smirk

It has already went up $.08 since this am drive to work up here. I am sure it is going to go up more too.

Went up to 3.69 in Willmar, but its always higher here, dang crooks stealing from poor college kids......

If I could find 3.37 a gallon, think of how many more cranks I could buy.....

If everyone goes out and buys gas just to buy it you are creating even more problems. Can you imagine the spike if everyone goes out and fills up?

Considering all of the people evacuating the southern gulf coast, lots of people will be filling up. That would have to help the gas execs in their time of need mad

Their time of need? what every time a cat 2 maybe 3 gets called its going to be a national emergency. mad

No one is saying go out and fill those 55 gallon drums and stock pile. Gas is probibly going to spike take advantage of the lower prices who knows when it will go back down.

If everyone goes out and buys gas just to buy it you are creating even more problems. Can you imagine the spike if everyone goes out and fills up?

With that hurricane coming in it is gonna spike no matter if we fill up or not. May as well get a tankful before it goes up.

Their time of need? what every time a cat 2 maybe 3 gets called its going to be a national emergency. mad

"Their time of need" was my attempt at sick humor considering the profits they made the last few years. I think areas of Tex has already been declared a national (disaster) considering the damage (flooding) they got today. The storm hasn't even hit yet. My advice....Move north about 50 miles...but what do I know?

I get ya. I'm with you on that. So should we start a telethon to help the soon to be struggling oil company grin Or just continue helping out at the pump.

gas here in Austin this morning was $3.56/gal, this afternoon it went to $3.59/gal. I am taking a wild guess that it will go to $3.73/gal here in Austin.

You guys up north are lucky. Saw gas go up thirteen cents in one hour here in Missouri. Already $5 a gallon in Arkansas. Get it while you can boys!!!

You guys up north are lucky. Saw gas go up thirteen cents in one hour here in Missouri. Already $5 a gallon in Arkansas. Get it while you can boys!!!

Yeah, but isn't there an exchange rate on the U.S. Dollar south of the Mason/Dixon line? Kind of like for all those years a Canadian dollar was worth about 65 cents? grin

5 a gal? What was it prior to the storm? That is "highway" robbery at its finest. Keep your head down there in Mo. You guys might get some of the after effects of Ike.

The sad truth is that we can b**** all we want, but we're all going to keep going to the pump & filling up. Because we don't have a choice.

And since we're all infatuated with this cruelty to fish thing, I'd bet just about every one of us has one of them gas-guzzlers, too.

Beans is the answer renewable gas. Ethenal schmethanal, methane is the way to go. You get combustion when you add the sun with the byproduct of wind ,2 fer 1. Just add a sail and you have the boat of dreams. Though the sail has to be flame retardent.

take advantage of the lower prices who knows when it will go back down.

You do realize gas is $3.60 a gallon don't you? laugh Just funny how we are so groomed to these prices now we think this is cheap. mad

I was thinking the same thing as was posting it. It could be put into the conspiracy thread. Was $3.98 grooming us for $3.60.