Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rick

All Obama, McCain & VP Posts go Here

3,537 posts in this topic

All debate must be at least civil and generally positive in nature. Discussion should be moving issues in a constructive direction. Wild accusations, rants or unsupported statements of supposed fact are not welcome.

Destructive debate is unwelcome here. Nor are links to other sites welcome here.

Campaign mud-slinging type of posts are not welcome. Bashing members in any form are also not welcome.

Try to concentrate on your candidate in your own posts rather than the candidate that opposes your viewpoint.

Good healthy debate moving towards constructive actionable agendas are VERY WELCOME here.

Let's create something we ALL can be proud of.

Great information that truly helps in making an informed decision is what we are looking for.

Here, here!!

Thanks Rick!

Very easy to do. grin

Quote:
Let's create something we ALL can be proud of.

Great information that truly helps in making an informed decision is what we are looking for.

They exchange of ideas is a good thing. Just plain old arguing is not.

I have learned a few things and changed my thinking on some stuff I have read down here. That is when I actually thought a little about what the other person was writing.

I'm not happy with either choice. Can I write in Rick?

The FM Ticket!

Sure, but who's the veep? Hey, how about WifeKidsandDog? A Paquin/Paquin ticket would make things a lot easier on the Secret Service. gringrin

Sure, but who's the veep? Hey, how about WifeKidsandDog? A Paquin/Paquin ticket would make things a lot easier on the Secret Service. gringrin

What about me? lol laugh Nah, I should finish college first.

few cocktails catfish?

No, none, actually. And I misspelled it on porpose. Bit of a pun, don't you know. gringrin

Steve, I see your starting to flirt with the 15,000 mark.

If you stay on pace it may be around deer hunting or ice up.

Quayle.

Gore invented the internet.

I should have known?After I posted I thought Gores to smart Quails kinda a bumbler.

Thanks to Al I'm posting here??

Just another item in a long list of almost unbeleivable accomplishments by former vice president Al Gore.

It is nice to see this run away train slowed down a little. Some people started threads to state their view but it was obvious that they were looking for a reaction. I will admit when I found this forum I also probably said a few things I regret. I have stayed away for awhile now for the simple fact that I am not going to change anyone nor will they change me. It is bad enough bickering over polictics but when religon was dragged into it I think that was a little over the top. If someone is not the same religon as you, are they any less of a person as you? I guess the old adage that you should not talk about religon and politics in a public setting rings true here. I am all for a good healthy debate but the mud flinging gets a little old. You should follow your mothers word by not saying anything at all if you can't say anything constructive.

Quote:
Obama campaign says he's inclined to move ahead with debate despite McCain's call to postpone

NEW YORK - Republican presidential nominee John McCain challenged rival Barack Obama on Wednesday to suspend their heated campaign, postpone Friday's debate and work together to deal with the nation's financial troubles.

Obama did not immediately respond to his rival's bold political move, but Obama campaign officials say the senator is inclined to move ahead with the debate.

McCain said the Bush administration's Wall Street bailout plan seemed headed for defeat and a bipartisan solution was urgently needed. The move was an effort by the Republican to claim leadership on an issue that has been troublesome for him at a time when his rival is moving ahead in the polls.

McCain said he would put politics aside and return to Washington Thursday to focus on the nation's financial problems after addressing former President Clinton's Global Initiative session in New York. McCain said he had spoken to President Bush and asked him to convene a leadership meeting in Washington that would include him and Obama.

"It has become clear that no consensus has developed to support the administration's proposal," McCain said. "I do not believe that the plan on the table will pass as it currently stands, and we are running out of time."

McCain said he has spoken to Obama about his plans and asked the Democratic presidential nominee to join him.

Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid issued a statement saying the debate should go on because "we need leadership, not a campaign photo op."

The University of Mississippi said it was going forward with preparation for the debate in Oxford. "We are ready to host the debate, and we expect the debate to occur as planned," the school said, adding that it had received no notification of any change in the timing or venue.

My question is can both sides work together and get a solution to this? We were talking at work and the blank check idea was a starting point. That way they can say, this is where we started and this is where it ended.

Do you think Barry will take part in this or will he just vote present?

Neither Obama nor McCain are needed for the bail-out legislation to move forward. Let the debate go on as scheduled.

There's plenty of heads to do the bailout,weather it is accepted or not they dont need two Pres candidates to set the mode.

The people do need to see a debate and where these two stand.

Hearing how McCain dislikes debates I guess his thinking as to another disaster,other than natural is a way to avoid a debate and sorry to say he knows debating isnt a strong point for him.I think people will see avoidence on his behalf,and lessen his popularity.

Neither Obama nor McCain are needed for the bail-out legislation to move forward. Let the debate go on as scheduled.

I disagree.

This is a monster issue - and a real first-class, Grade A muck-up.

One of these guys is going to inherit the financial situation, as well as whatever "fix" is put in place. Whether its Obama or McCain taking the oath in January, someone is going to be dealing with the fallout.

I say get both of them ON THE RECORD now, since they are both supposedly still U.S. Senators - being paid by us to do their Senate jobs.

If both Obama and McCain go on the record for a plan/fix, and pull their respective parties along for the ride, we the voters will have a very clear picture of who stands where. Also, if the plan/fix they come up with works, everyone gets a share of the credit, and if it fails, neither can point fingers and blame the other one.

I particularly like the thought of both candidates meeting with Pres. Bush, and allowing the 3 of them to try and hammer out a compromise. That could be more entertaining than tying two cats' tails together and slinging them over a clothesline.....

I particularly like the thought of both candidates meeting with Pres. Bush, and allowing the 3 of them to try and hammer out a compromise. That could be more entertaining than tying two cats' tails together and slinging them over a clothesline.....

Now that I can agree with. grin

I guess I don't know why they cannot do both. Don't we want a leader? You know, someone who "won't blink" and will take on crisis, regardless of how serious or numerous.