• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO 3rd Annual Spearing Outting----Dec 20th (updated 11/20)

bassNspear

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just found out that this is the weekend my wifes family get together for christmas' we rent the ymca challet on lake bertrum just out of monticello for the weekend and so after a lot of carefull thought I asked the wife if santa brings me a gift of any kind could it be the gift of spearing with the guys at FM and she said santa can handle that one. its still ago and I'll see ya out there.

She said santa can handle that one. its still ago and I'll see ya out there.

Darn...... that almost brought a tear to my eye.

You got yourself a keeper there Elwood.

You better not catch and release that one!!!

pinkfloyd I will be bringing an extra house also so if you want to try it on your own you can do that to.

merkman she's got the drag on her reel set to loose so so I got plenty of runnin room and the spool is full and I hope that she dosent learn how to ajust it either laugh

bns, ran into dietz sunday, he said you tried gettin him over to the spear gtg but hes gotta work. he also helped me spend $600. was going to get it anyway so oh well. nice guy he is. its neat finally putting faces and names together.

bns, ran into dietz sunday, he said you tried gettin him over to the spear gtg but hes gotta work. he also helped me spend $600. was going to get it anyway so oh well. nice guy he is. its neat finally putting faces and names together.

LOL, he knows how to spend money. Hes a great friend of mine and i love spending time on the water with him and against him!

Hey all, I would like to come out for this GTG but i have never speared and have no spearing gear except for a portable two man house and normal ice fishing gear if that helps at all? Would anyone be willing or have the room to "Take me in" for the day? i would like to see how this is done! thanx for anyone who can help.

Hey all, I would like to come out for this GTG but i have never speared and have no spearing gear except for a portable two man house and normal ice fishing gear if that helps at all? Would anyone be willing or have the room to "Take me in" for the day? i would like to see how this is done! thanx for anyone who can help.

Come on out.

Pick up a spearing license and we can set you up for the day.

One way or the other we will make it work.

You just have to be legal and the rest we can handle.

I would love to come to something like this. Unfortunately, Saturday the 20th I have to work. If anybody around Saint Cloud area is ever looking to try spearing on a weekend though you are welcome to send me an email. I am out most weekends although I cannot guarantee to find fish......my email is [email protected]

Just to add a update.

I have not had a chance to get up there and check the update on the ice, but from some of the guys that i have talked to, it sounds like we can have anywheres from 5-8 inches of ice.

Merkman and Myself were going to show up about 7:30-8:00 at the landing and go from there. What we have done, is try to set up around one another, not to close, but in walking distance so when it comes time for some lunch by the american flag, we can all hang out together. After that, we usally take the time to walk around and check others setups and get new ideas from one another.

Again, for those that are just starting to read this, or have forgot, we are going to Maple Lake off of HWY 55!

If anyone still wants to come, and has never done it before, and wants to tag along, we can find room in the houses im sure.

Lets all hope for great weather, and have a great get to gator again.

Questions, please let me know.

Hey BNS where is the second get to gator going to be? I'd really like to make it to one of these but I can only go if it is in northern mn, preferably the greater leech lake area.

Joe