• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slick Tricks

jltimm

I have a 2005 Bowtech Allegiance bow that I bought last year.Muzzy's or Thunderheads don't shoot worth a hoot in it. I have some Rocket Ultimate 100's that shoot great in it, but I question the cheaply made little broadheads? I've heard that Slick Tricks fly like a field point, and would like to get some opinions on these or other broadheads to consider. My Bowtech is alot faster than my old bow. I'm shooting Cabela's carbons with 2" blazer vanes with a whisker biscuit rest.

I have been using STs for a couple of seasons and they fly just like my practice FPs. I dont have to make any adjustments at all. However, I have yet to kill a deer with them....I have harvested a lot of small game and they work just as good as any other BH.

I am shooting mine out of a 06 switchback at 70lbs on the end of 350 max carbon express arrows. I think they are worth checking out. I have also had very good arrow flight characteristics with G5 Strikers. They might be also worth your time checking out.

Good luck

Cliffy.

Sounds to me like you've got some tuning issues. Don't switch broadheads to cover up an existing problem. Any properly tuned bow with the correct arrows should shoot the BHs mentioned.

I'm not sure however if 2" Blazer vanes shot through a Wisker Biscuit are the best choices for a larger fixed blade broadhead. I switched to 4" Quick Spin vanes for my Thunderhead 125 grains with a drop away rest with great success.

Im shootin blazers thru a biscuit in my bow with G5 strikers and its shootin great. Just had everything papertuned last night and everything is dead nuts. I also had problems with Muzzy 3-blade last year- i was paper tuned and everything was dialed and i went to broad heads and started shooting a foot to the left and 4" low.....

I would paper tune first. If you are in tune then a longer fletch can help stablize out an arrow with a broadhead. A number of years ago a local bow shop switched out my smaller vanes and I've been shooting 4 inch fletch ever since.

You will probably loose a little speed but I'd rather be a little low consistently than not know where my arrow was going to hit. You can always move your pins (assuming you have them).

Slick tricks are a quality broadhead. One of my buddies sons just shot a 450 lbs. bear with a slick trick. The kid is 12 years old, weighs 78 lbs. shotting a 48 lbs. matthews, 20 inch arrow with a slick trick broadhead. The arrow went straight through the bear at 17 yards. They work!

Hoytmystic

I have shot them for 3 years now and love them! They fly as good as field points. Are Very tough, and devastate anything they hit. I have killed a couple deer with them and very short trails with loads of blood. I have shot many broadheads and they are #1 in my book. Get them and you will not be disappointed!

I'm with DonBo on this one. I had trouble with several broadheads with my bow too until I did a broadhead tune. Do a Google search for bow+tuning+broadhead and you'll find lots of good advice.

BTW, I read a lot of good things about Slick Tricks and might look into them this season (I'm getting a little low on broadheads right now.)

I just tried slick tricks after using muzzy's for the last 8 years and I am very impressed I just took a doe with them on sunday. I shot the doe at 40 yards it went thru both shoulder blades and I found the arrow about 10 ft beyond where the doe was standing. She went 40 yards and fell over dead.