Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
jltimm

Slick Tricks

I have a 2005 Bowtech Allegiance bow that I bought last year.Muzzy's or Thunderheads don't shoot worth a hoot in it. I have some Rocket Ultimate 100's that shoot great in it, but I question the cheaply made little broadheads? I've heard that Slick Tricks fly like a field point, and would like to get some opinions on these or other broadheads to consider. My Bowtech is alot faster than my old bow. I'm shooting Cabela's carbons with 2" blazer vanes with a whisker biscuit rest.

I have been using STs for a couple of seasons and they fly just like my practice FPs. I dont have to make any adjustments at all. However, I have yet to kill a deer with them....I have harvested a lot of small game and they work just as good as any other BH.

I am shooting mine out of a 06 switchback at 70lbs on the end of 350 max carbon express arrows. I think they are worth checking out. I have also had very good arrow flight characteristics with G5 Strikers. They might be also worth your time checking out.

Good luck

Cliffy.

Sounds to me like you've got some tuning issues. Don't switch broadheads to cover up an existing problem. Any properly tuned bow with the correct arrows should shoot the BHs mentioned.

I'm not sure however if 2" Blazer vanes shot through a Wisker Biscuit are the best choices for a larger fixed blade broadhead. I switched to 4" Quick Spin vanes for my Thunderhead 125 grains with a drop away rest with great success.

Im shootin blazers thru a biscuit in my bow with G5 strikers and its shootin great. Just had everything papertuned last night and everything is dead nuts. I also had problems with Muzzy 3-blade last year- i was paper tuned and everything was dialed and i went to broad heads and started shooting a foot to the left and 4" low.....

I would paper tune first. If you are in tune then a longer fletch can help stablize out an arrow with a broadhead. A number of years ago a local bow shop switched out my smaller vanes and I've been shooting 4 inch fletch ever since.

You will probably loose a little speed but I'd rather be a little low consistently than not know where my arrow was going to hit. You can always move your pins (assuming you have them).

The Rocket heads shoot great in it. I just ? the quality of the Rockets? The Slick Tricks I've heard are a good broadhead, so if I decided to try a pack of them and they shot great, problem solved.

Slick tricks are a quality broadhead. One of my buddies sons just shot a 450 lbs. bear with a slick trick. The kid is 12 years old, weighs 78 lbs. shotting a 48 lbs. matthews, 20 inch arrow with a slick trick broadhead. The arrow went straight through the bear at 17 yards. They work!

Hoytmystic

I have shot them for 3 years now and love them! They fly as good as field points. Are Very tough, and devastate anything they hit. I have killed a couple deer with them and very short trails with loads of blood. I have shot many broadheads and they are #1 in my book. Get them and you will not be disappointed!

I'm with DonBo on this one. I had trouble with several broadheads with my bow too until I did a broadhead tune. Do a Google search for bow+tuning+broadhead and you'll find lots of good advice.

BTW, I read a lot of good things about Slick Tricks and might look into them this season (I'm getting a little low on broadheads right now.)

I just tried slick tricks after using muzzy's for the last 8 years and I am very impressed I just took a doe with them on sunday. I shot the doe at 40 yards it went thru both shoulder blades and I found the arrow about 10 ft beyond where the doe was standing. She went 40 yards and fell over dead.