• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Planning Winter Sled Trip

DTro

I'd say north shore also. I live in Silver Bay and help maintain the trails up here. There are ALOT of trails and alot of beautiful scenery in the area. I've told alot of people to stay at Wildhurst Lodge and Campground, and they love it!! Hope this helps and have a fun trip!

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Dtro, you and your wife would enjoy the North Shore Trail and all the spurs. Pretty much from Duluth and North to the Canada Border offers some very nice scenery. Depending on the type lodging your looking for or should I say budget, it varies from rustic cabins to the works.

What would help in your planning would be the trail maps the snowmobile clubs put out. In there you'll find of coarse the trails along with gas stations, places to eat and stay. Unfortunately those maps aren't available on-line, at least I've never found them. I can send you one from Reservoir Riders and see what else I might have.

Voyageurs Nat'l Park, Arrowhead Tail, Kabetogama, Ash River, Rainy Lake, Crane Lake, Vermilion River, Pelican Lake, Orr, Buyck, I, Falls....these trails/lakes/rivers ROCK! Scenery in wonderful, trails are awesome, lake riding is great (powder riding in the bays can be memorable!) Lots of land and lakes and plenty of room to roam for families as well as serious sledders. Off-trail sledding too on forest roads and rivers.

Trails groomed 2x per week, lots of loop trials - go out one way, come back another! Connections to Bemidji, Baudette, North Shore and Canada! Lots of nice places to stay, plenty of pit stops, gas stops and friendly folks!

Check out the Ash River-Kabetogama Snowdrifters web site for trail updates and other club news.

http://www.ashriver-kabsnowdrifters.org/

i would also say wildhurst lodge. not just cause the owners are my aunt and uncle, but it s right in the middle of everything. the trail runs right through the parking lot. unload and ride tell you cant ride anymore. i cant wait to get up there for riding. have been up there alot this year for bear hunting and cant wait for the snow to fly!!!!

iceman