• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Goose Recipe

Whats everyone favorite?

I just made this one up the other day....

Apple Stuffed Goose-

Make a pocket in the breat, starting at the thick side and getting as close as possible to going through.

Let marinade overnight in equal part orange juice and worchesister sauce and a dash of Franks Hot Sauce. (As odd of a combination as it was, it was very good)

Take breast out, stuff each one with a few thin slices of apple, hold breasts closed with a tooth pick.

A little pepper on the outside and on to the grill for about 20 mins.

They had very little gamey flavor and where very moist.

Hows everyone else like their goose?

Crock Pot Goose (my version and also one of a million ways)

3-4 Goose breasts chunked

2 family sized can of cream of mushroom

2 cans of canoe brand wild rice

carrots, spuds and some spicy montreal seasoning

I start this at around midnight on Saturday night and cook it on low and then it should be ready after your sunday morning hunt

I make this about 5 times a year and its my fav way of cooking geese

Great topic riverrat, cant wait to try some other recipes

Honestly, I like a goose (whole - gutted out) just slow cooked in the oven until the meat falls off the bones. That is by far my favorite way to eat goose. Especially if you get one of those chunky geese headed south! The natural taste of goose is awefully darn good IMO.

Otherwise, for goose breast, I like to sprinkle some McCormmick's chicken seasoning on and wrap in bacon, or the blue cheese stuffed breast, or the goose parmesan my wife makes.

BTW riverrat - when my wife gets home from Cali, I'll get that recipe for duck/goose parmesan for ya. She won't be back until next week Tuesday though. Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about that. It's been hectic in my family over the past 10 days or so.

I prefer digging a hole in the back yard and burying it. Stinky sky carp anyways. gringrin All kidding aside it's been awhile since I have hunted them but always liked chunking up the breasts from a couple and putting them in crock pot with beef stock all day. Sear the goose in a pan before chucking them in there. Serve on buns Hot Gooses er lonk, er lonk, er lonk, lonk, lonk, lonk. Boy have I had too much caffeine today!

gotta go with marinade for a night and then plop em on the grill for a few beers and then thier done. thats for the early geese, later in the year roast em whole put some fruit in the cavity and drink and drink and drink play some cards watch the vikes loose and then finally eat it

Wifes awesome recipe: 1 or 2 goose breasts or cut up ducks

Cut breast in pieces (similar sizes)

Salt,flour and fry in butter til evenly browned-not done

Put enough water in roaster or slow cooker to cover bottom

Add meat---2 or 3 bay leaves and 2 or 3 whole allspice kernels (careful too many kernels tastes bitter)

350 oven or on high in slow cooker

Keep adding a little water so meat doesn't stick to bottom

Turn meat allow 2 hrs or until fork tender--ENJOY

Can use crockpot but less water and don't know the timing

I experimented with the smoker this weekend and ended up with some really tasty breasts smoked it for a couple hours and then took the chips out and cooked it over the low heat for bout another hour.

caribian jerk seasoned goose jerky can't keep the kids away from it.

my other is

goose legs and breasts in the slow cooker ussally two geese

two cans of beef broth

2-3 bay leafs whole

1 tsp tyhme

1 tsp peppercorn

cook slow all day and then enjoy

Here's an easy one:

Put 4-6 goose breasts in a crock pot, add 2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce, 1 cup of honey, and 2 sliced onions. Cook them on low for 12 hours and shred them with forks. Serve on hard rolls or french bread with sliced jalapenos.

One of the easiest methods I ever did was to take a whole goose, season it well inside and out, put it in a roasting bag, pour one or two cans of fruit cocktail in the cavity, seal up the bag and roast it for a couple hours till the meat was ready to fall off. Take out of the bag and thicken the juice into a gravy and serve with wild rice and some potatoes... MMM MMM

Another favorite way in goose camp is to cook a half dozen strips of bacon in a skillet. Setr bacon aside for later. Then brown pieces of goose breast in (I generally roll them in seasoned flour 1st) and fry in the bacon grease. You do not need to cook them long... just sear them to get the flour golden. Place in crock pot or corning ware dish. slice up a whole onion and lay over the top of the goose meat. A little garlic, and some apple slices over the onion. In a bowl mix 1 can of cream of mushroom and 1 can of cream of chicken soup with 1 can of orange juice. Stir till blended and pour over the top of previous ingredients. Cover and Cook for 2 - 3 hours at 325 in oven or 4-5 hours in crock pot. Serve over mashed potatoes, stuffing or rice or all 3! Oh yeah... crumble a strip of bacon on each individual serving or all six on top of the entire dish prior to putting it out to be dished up... It is always a hit!

Good Luck!

Ken

I made goose fajitas last night. They were pretty good and I got compliments from people who normally don't like goose. It pretty much masks the flavor of the bird. hehe. I also like slow cooking the breasts like beef stew.