• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how do you smoke goose?

Gander or Cabelas has some awesome rub's(actually a sprinkle on) I use prior to smoking just follow directions. I didnt know which one I would like best so I made small batches of each flavor that I bought, I liked them all so I usually divide up the breast meat evenly and make a batch of each flavor, I use a meat slicer to get even slice thickness prior to putting the rub on both sides but have used a filet knife in the past.

Hope this helps some. confused

How to smoke a goose.....give a little clucking call, wait until they're within about 5 yards, then pull the trigger and smoke'em!!!! grin

Seriously though, my dad has a smoker at home and one of these days I'd sure like to give it a try. We actually used to smoke carp (yes, carp!) back in the day and it turned out surprisingly well. I've got to believe goose would be way, way better. Just need to find the time to do it...that's the only setback for me. smirk