• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can't take the TWINS anymore!!

Coach1310

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jumping off the bandwagon??

What??!?!!

This team wasn't even supposed to be a contender this year. Not even close. They are geared to be a contender in the new stadium...not yet.

I am pumped just to be in contention. That alone is a reason to celebrate.

Heh, we could be a team like the Yankees. Supposed to win it all...and don't have a chance to even make the playoffs.

That's true. Sometimes I think they're lucky they're in the division that they're in. There are a lot of teams with similar records and the are anywhere from 5-15 games back. With that being said, I'm still a huge fan and will always love watching them.

Try the fifth "best" division.

Not Hardly and quite laughable actually!

Yeah the entire National League and the American League West are real GREAT...LOL

I won't waste my time on explaining how inferior the National League is compared to the American League but if you want to Google recent inter-league play , World Series and All Star game results have at it!

The only division that the leaders has a worse record than Chicago or the Twins is the National Leaque West and Los Angles is just a little lower than our top team.

Thats about as low as one can get Pier. All divisions leaders have a better record than the Twins but one.

I have no idea where you are finding your numbers Pier but I just googled the standings and the Twins division isnt that good. as far as winning percentage.

guess it comes down to your interpetation on how you determine division strength. american central has only two teams with winning records. there are several other divisions that match or beat that number.

The Central was "The" division in MLB when the season started. Sure the Royals suck, but the Sox & Twins could win 90 games, the Tigers were the odds-on faves to win the Series, & the Indians were coming off a great season before they imploded.

Saying the Central isn't good is just wrong!

Pier,

I get it and agree with you but some people just don't. They look at records only. The AL West has what, 1 team above .500? The Angels get to feast 18 or 19 times a year against totally inferior teams while we bash each others brains out. I would say the AL Central is the second best division in baseball. AL East has to get the nod with Tampa, Boston, NY and Toronto this year and then you can put the NL in after the AL East and Central, ahead of the West but no where near the classs of the AL East or Central. Interleague play, All Star Games and World Series should just about say it all when anybody starts talking about any NL divisions, they just don't stack up against the AL.

Windy

I guess we will then see them in the World Series Pier.

I'm with you on that part. I think it's highly unlikely we will be in the World Series this year. After today it's less then 50-50 we'll even make the playoffs and then to get to the World series with no bull-pen and an inexperienced starting staff would be a miracle.

My point was IMO we are certainly one of the 3 best divisions in baseball and maybe number 2.