• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer stand that goes in the V of a tree? Anybody seen one.

updecreek

They stoped making them just wanting to know If you guys have seen this type of stand. It has two metal spikes on each end and those dig into the tree to hold the stand up. It folds up on one end to get in place then fold it out in the V or between two trees.

Yes, it's called a Crotch Stand. I have 3, I think.

I've carried one in my pack when exploring a new area, not really knowing where or if I was going to find something to set up on. Also, sometimes they just work better in some trees when you can't find a good way to hang a regular stand.

A harness is always something that should be used, but DO NOT ever use one of these stands without one. They have come loose on me a few times so I'm finding them hard to trust. Sometimes all it takes is a little wind to sway the tree to loosen them.

I think its best you sit on it rather than stand. Put your feet on something else.

I like em for some purposes, but will only use them now if I have no better option.