• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Swan Hunting in ND

I got a swan tag this year. Previous years i have Had Many chances at taking swans but didnt have a tag so i decided why not.

My question is. Do i need to be worried about shooting a trumpeter by some fluke. I have read alot about it and it seems like it is known that it can happen. Even the stuff sent with the tag said nothing about it.

If anyone has shot a swan or hunted them please share your experience.

Good luck

Hey Beerhunter,

I got a tag this year for my second time in ND. I hunt out by Rugby and as far as i know there are not many if any trumps out there.

The last time i got a tag i got a nice mature bird. It was a great expereince, but it tasted like an arm pit. So i didn't try again til now. If you shoot one, cook it right.

But the big thing is, they sound totally different. You couldn't tell them apart in the air, except for that. My sugestion is to go on you tube or something and hear the difference between the two. You will know in an instant.

When are you going out there?

Good Luck

not a whole lot of trumpeters in ND, but we would do the spot and stalk, find them in a slough and then we would sneek them, that way we could see them with the binocs to make sure. Good Luck the area we hunted in is around the Langdon area and west

I do my own taxidermy and i plan on mounting it next to my goose hanging with wings out and legs down. Should take up a pretty good size of a corner.

I already had listend to the difference.

Just wondering if any were out there.

Thanks