Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
propster

My dad's first Musky

12 posts in this topic

My dad's first from a couple weeks ago. Great story. That morning Hunter went with my buddy, dad with me. O dark thirty. As I put the boat in I told dad to grab the rope and hold it by the dock while I parked. We hopped in, ran out about a mile, I went to grab his rod for him but it's not there. I asked him if he took it out last night? He said "Oh, that was the splash I heard." I said what? He said when he grabbed the rope at the dock he thought he heard something hit the water between the dock and boat, but it was dark and thought it might be the trailer tire he heard splashing. He said let's go in and get it. I said no it's just a rod, it's prime time, let's fish. So 5 minutes later he catches the fish, and when we go in 3 hours later our rigs are the only ones in the lot and my rod is laying there in the water! No one else had put in or it would have been gone for sure. So we got lucky in more ways than one!

bapa3808.jpg

Sweet story... but lets that be a lesson learned... for everybody to double-check before actually leaving the dock... never know you'd forget something or lose something...

Yeah I know how excited a person can get when it comes to muskie fishing... but its only a minute or so to be sure...

Thanks for posting. Great pic and story smile

Keith -

Nice work! I know how important it was for you to get him a fish! Good rod story too!

-erik