• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fridge in camper smelling like amonia

ratmn218

when my camper frig went out i slightly remodeled the frig area to fit an electric only frig. that might not be feasable if you move to different campgrounds. i am premanently parked. $120.00 is cheaper than a new camper frig, even a refurbished camper frig is $800.00. good luck.

any clues what is wrong?dometic-rm2611

Dometic has a recall involving several units and smelling ammonia is one of the problems due to cracks in the refridgeration unit. I had my fridge repaired under the recall. If I were you, I would go to their HSOforum and contact customer service to see if your unit is involved. For this you may need model, serial number and possibly date of manufacture.

My Dometic fridge doesn't work. I've tried the upside down trick, shaking it, and it doesn't produce cold. The coils heat up properly, it makes all sorts of gurgling sounds (none of my other Dometics made these sounds), but no cold.

Anyone know who I can talk to to see if it's repairable?

I really need the propane feature since I can't depend on AC power everywhere I go. Otherwise, a cheap AC fridge would work in my set-up...