Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cjac

Weekend plans....

19 posts in this topic

Wednesday night....close enough to be thinking about weekend plans.

I'm looking at a combo bass & 'ski trip to East/West Rush on Saturday, then picking one of a few metro lakes on Sunday for 'skis, either pure or tigers.

Little tip: Metro lakes are pretty empty when there's a Vikes game on!

What's everyone else looking at?

MI tourney on Okoboji, hope my partner brings his big fish luck with him down from the Cities.

Maybe Forest Lake this weekend... We'll see how it goes...

I can pick you up at the airport and we can head to 'tonka, as you'll fly in over it.......tell the Mrs you were delayed.

Cali trips suck, done it too many times, not a lot of Esox love in So Cal.....

Men's weekend golf tourny in WI, no fishing but plenty of drinking and partying. No complaints here it's one of the few weekends a year when I can get away with my buddies and throw down like we are kids again.

Good luck to those who get on the water.

RU

North, somewhere, in the never-ending search...

After our weekends I have to go back to the work schedule just to get some sleep. If I was only 10 years younger I could probably get by on 3-4 hrs a night like I used to!

i think i'll go down to northfield on saturday and shore/wade fish. theres a little spillway dam just below water st. downtown. take as many minnows as i want and still run out pretty much everytime. catch a mess of every kind of fish too, carp, white bass, crappie, flathead, channel, sauger, walleye, northern, muskie on occation, suckers, nice smallies are aplenty, and other fish too. i use lures also. place is amazing for numbers of fish, and there's some real decent ones if i get them before a smaller one grabs on.every cast is at least a hit... only drawback is the water is a good 15 feet or so below, lol. but the water should be shallow enough i can go in the water at 2nd st. and walk down (up but down at that point), kind of weird walking south going upstream., and fish from under the water st. bridge. who knows maybe i'll see my old buddy ''huge snapper'' again. head looks like a freakin' tree trunk. sometimes he pops up a foot away and says hi. that's always fun. anyway i'm in for some action this weekend, good luck everybody.

I will be fishing Ottertail and Becker Counties Sunday through Thursday while I wind down the lake place for the season. Probably have an empty seat a couple days. Holler if anyone in the western part of the state want to beat the water into submission. copterjohn@gmail.com

Work frown

September is a washout for me. My truck was at the body shop the last week from getting rear-ended= no tow vehicle. Then a week straight of 12 hr shifts followed by a 2 week elk hunt in Idaho.

Headed up to Vermilion this afternoon in hopes of seeing the big one, on the end of my line that is!

Will hopefully be hitting Miltona sometime this weekend. Daughter has a tennis tournament all day on Saturday, so with any luck, it will be done early enough to try and sneak out for couple of hours on Sat. If not, have to try and do it on Sunday before the work week starts again.

I'm planning to get out for a few hours on Sunday morning before the Vikings game.

Brian

Mille Lacs hopfully twice.

Bowhunting in the morning for couple of hours then hitting the lakes in bemiji area then back to deer stand then if prolly fishing the late shift. starting the cycle all over on sunday and monday..could be a great but long weekend and cant beat it

Flake, flake, and flake! Tryin for 40" n up ski! Few 30s past n this summer...

After boating 9 fish the last 5 times out and looing 3 (2 50's). Ill be staying in the Brainerd area. The lake im fishing is on fire. Best thing about it its only 15 min from my house.

Duck

Duck -

Nice work. That sound you hear is my anchor being tossed into your boat!! wink

I'm stuck being a city boy again - not sure which lake though.

-erik

was out chasing skis today, buddy had 2 blowups today nothing for me. I will be bow hunting all weekend