Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kidd

Here's your Chance

12 posts in this topic

We all keep talking about how great it would be to have a third choice to vote for, well, here's your chance.

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/senators/one_item_and_teasers/barkley.htm

I'm in no way going to pull the lever for Franken, so my only other choice would be Coleman. Where I don't dislike Coleman I just feel he's to entrenched in Washington that the State is his second priority over his own success. Can't fault a guy for that but it isn't in my best interest.

Dean Barkley is a guy from a third party who, in my opinion, would be a good choice.

Jesse "The one-who-thinks-I-am-silly" Ventura has left me very, very skeptical.

I'll wait for the next train to come along.

Voting for Barkely as well. Will he be on the ballot or am I writing in another candidate?

Chalk up a third for Barkely (again). Another few hundred thousand & we might have something!!

I am thinking it would be a good thing for us if a 3rd party becomes a legitimate contender in all races. Literally having only 2 choices is not a real good thing for us. I am torn between the "wasting my vote" or "the lesser of two evils" voting.

I am torn between the "wasting my vote" or "the lesser of two evils" voting.

I know what you mean. I have voted for 3rd party candidates before knowing full well they would not win, and after I pulled the lever I got the feeling that all I did was take myself out of the game.

However, I still will be voting for Barkley this time around. crazy

I am thinking it would be a good thing for us if a 3rd party becomes a legitimate contender in all races. Literally having only 2 choices is not a real good thing for us. I am torn between the "wasting my vote" or "the lesser of two evils" voting.

I understand your dilemma. While part of me shares it too, I believe I need to live with my own conscience.

Supporting more of the same just won't do it for me anymore.

If the past 16 years have taught me anything it is that for my personal #1 issue, fiscal responsibility, there isn't enough difference between the two major parties. They both do the drunken sailor thing when it comes to spending my money. mad

There is a ticking time bomb with respect to the interest we owe on the existing debt. We as a country need spending to go the other way.

Taxing the rich or corporations won't save us. Bigger government sure as [PoorWordUsage] isn't the answer. I see no sign that economic expansion will provide the needed relief. The only way out is reducing spending and paying down the debt. Those of us that thrive or simply avoid insolvency already do this difficult thing. It is time our nation's leaders take us down the correct path.

My one vote may not highlight this need. But if enough of us say no more by exercising our right to vote, we will all be better off.

I'll sleep a little better at night thinking I was part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

upnorth, I have thought this dilemma over for years. I used to vote for one of the two parties because I didn't want to waste my vote.

I've changed that stance. Now my thought, like BT's, is that no vote for someone you believe in is a wasted vote. It has to start somewhere, and I'd encourage anyone to vote their conscience rather than Repub or Dem if by voting one major party or the other they are going with a possible winner instead of someone they really support. The more people who pick candidates they believe in outside the mainstream parties, the more likely we are to develop a three- or four-party system that has meaning in the real world -- outside the D.C. beltway.

I would agree that two options is not enough and that a third option would be good. I'm just really tired of the way the two parties argue and act like a bunch of teenagers trying to show the U.S who's the "coolest".

Kind of surprised we haven't heard from Tim Penny in awhile. I know he had a lot of support until Ventura opened up his mouth and brought the whole Independence party down with him.

I have pretty much made up my mind to vote for who I believe in this election, but still the decision is not an easy one. There have been some candidates that I would have rather had a skunks butt for dinner rather than see them get into office smirk