• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who makes that Floating Ice Fishing Clothing?

Jari Razskazoff

Yes , you can purchase it online through Fishing MInnesota on the Outdoor Pro store.

Arctic Armor is made by Idi gear and they have numerous models including camo for the people looking for a camo version. A very warm suit and yes, if you fall through the ice, this suit could save your life.

If you have any further questions in regards to ordering a suit, please feel free to conatct me at the numbers below.

http://www.outdoorprostore.com/arctic-armor.html

507-964-2773

320-510-1650

As far as I know its not as of now but I talked to the Auxilary coast guard guys and they were very interested in it. From what I was told in order to be coast guard approved the flotation has to be able to hold someone above water for a certain amount of time ( I dont remember what the time period was) without becoming water logged or anything of the sort and I think that may be a issue with the AA but Im not sure.

I used my Arctic Armor for ice fishing all last winter and early spring fishing and now fall fishing and I have nothing but real good things to say about it.

Hopefully I will never have to worry about the flotation part of it.

Hopefully I will never have to worry about the flotation part of it.

I was tempted a couple of times last fall to jump in just to see!

I went from carharts to arctic ice so I am a little biased but it was by far one of the best purchases I have made!!!

I am confused. It says it floats on the web link Harvey provided. So does it float, and if yes, when you order the suit do you need to consider you body weight and height?

And how long will you float? They guy in the picture is on his back, but if you fall in ice fishing I am sure you will be head up, trying to get out of the hole.

Yes, the suit floats and has the ability to hold up 750# for an indefinite amount of time. There is buoyancy built into the insulation fibers which also does not retain moisture.

I've personally jumped in, fell in and walked in several times with the suit on and not once have I not floated. It's a wonderful product.

Financially, at this time, it's not feasible to certify Arctic Armor for a certified PFD. Don't look for it to happen anytime soon.

Its a cost issue like TO mentioned. Apparently the expense of putting the gear through the testing would have to be passed on to the consumer by increasing the price of the gear to a point which is not competitive.

Hopefully I can answer some of your questions: Arctic Armor suits are designed to float, and will NEVER lose their buoyancy unless you would totally destroy the suit by burning or melting it. You do not have to worry if you are 'large' because the amount of INSULTEX (The insulation that keeps you warm and makes you float) increases when sizes increase. There is enough buoyancy in one suit to float a lot more than just 1 person. Should the ice break, no need to let go of that auger. If you are out with a friend, who is not wearing Arctic Armor, and the ice breaks, they will be able to hold onto you and not worry. If you look at the videos on our HSOforum (www.idigear.com) you will see that you do not fall into the water wearing our suits, you fall on top of the water. In regards to USCG Certification as a PFD: Currently we have no plans to obtain certification. All this would do is add quite a bit of cost to the suit and we want to try to keep it affordable to everyone. It's ironic that this came up as we have a meeting tomorrow here in Pittsburgh with the River Rescue EMS. They are interested in adding Arctic Armor to their equipment. This way they could slip their orange life vest (USCG Approved) right over the suit. Thay way they would conform to the rules but now have much more buoyancy along with unprecedented protection from the wind and cold.

I thought it was Ice Armour, but thorne bro'z told me that ice armour is not bouyant.

Who makes that bouyant ice fishing outer gear, and where can I get it?

There are two fishing minnesota sponsors that sell Arctic Armor. The Outdoor Pro store and Reel Fishing Outfitters. Either sponsor will be able to take care of your needs. If you are in southern Minnesota, Reel Fishing has a store front where you can try them on and look at the different colors.

We are in almost daily conversation with IDI Gear regarding the Green Plus suit. They are in route from the factory but are not available at the warehouse yet. IDI Gear cannot give us a firm date for shipment to our stores. If you wish to see one, we have one suit for demo purposes at our store. As soon as we have a firm date for delivery, we will let everyone know.

Both the our store and the Pro store will recieve the inventory around the same time.

Joe