Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishgutz77

OBAMA'S " PIG " COMMENT- YOUR THOUGHTS

34 posts in this topic

If it were any other week, any other election, I would say that Obamas comments were about the RNC trying to pass off the McCain/Palin ticket as more of the same, but:

In the video it's clear by the crowds reaction exactly what he was refering to with the lipstick thing.

If elected, is this the sort of remark that a president should use even in campain mode?

And if he's not savy enough to comeback with somthing issue oreiented, how effective will he be in policy negotiations?

As I posted last week and predicted, the character of both tickets would be revealed in the campain. and this is proof.

Just interested in everyones take on this.

Tasteless that's for sure. Although it is does not surprise me, and it is going to get a lot nastier before it is all over in November. It is sad to see people that want to be leaders act like this. Great role model! confused

You mean this:

PigwithLipstick.jpg

I would say it's a bunch of childish silliness that distracts people from the issues that matter.

You don't get in to politics because people are going to be nice to you. She's a big girl. I'm sure she can handle it.

It doesn't have any bearing on Obama's ability/inability to be this country's figurehead.

Good point!

And I do think McCain and many other politicians have used this commet before. All races are bound to get nasty.

Wow, getting sensitive, are we?

I thought it was only liberals who couldn't take a joke!

Lighten up, people!

Quote:
And I do think McCain and many other politicians have used this commet before.

Yes! McCain did in light of Hillary on May 2nd.

Check Youtube!

The comment was totally appropriate because Palin is a PIG! oink oink

WaH, WAH.

Keep it up, that's all I'm hoping for. This smearing is backfiring big time and will only get worse. McCain gained 16% more of the Independent voters in the past month alone, while 'Bama didn't move an inch. In NC where 'Bama beat Hilliary, McCain is now leading 'Bama by 20%. The pendulum is swinging.

Keep it up.

Shack, I thought you were smarter than that, May 2, was a policly attack, not personal.

Steve, you don't really want a pres behaving like this do you?

Shack, I thought you were smarter than that, May 2, was a policly attack, not personal.

Gutz, I get who you're for and against. But, cmon, are you really that offended by this or think it's that big of a deal? confused

Check out each one of our shares of the Federal Debt. mad Now that I can see getting worked up over.

This issue is asinine or is it porcine.

you don't really want a pres behaving like this do you?

Behavior? He didnt call here a pig, he was refering to mcains policy. But whatever. I did call her a PIG because she is one.

Behavior? You mean like starting wars and killing innocent people, or repeatidly screwing the middle class so your friends can get rich, Or taking a giant dung on our friends in new orleans? Is that the kind of BAD behavior your talking about. Or are those things the kind of GOOD behavior you want to remain in our Executive Branch of Govt. If that is the the behavior your looking for, then, well....

Its like I always said, an educated society is a productive society. I know, I know. Liberal.hate,liberal,spellcheck,liberal blah blah blah.

They all have.

Looks to me like you're just trying to get mileage out of a small thing because you are against the guy from the start. Nothing wrong with disliking a candidate, but why take irrelevancies and magnify them? That's what campaign managers are for.

Originally Posted By: BID2
I did call her a PIG because she is one.

Not particularly mature behavior, BID.

lol laugh

Quote:

I have watched the footage a few times now and it was Obama talking about going from Bush administration to a Mcain administration would be like putting lipstick on a pig, you still have the same thing. Palin was not even part of the topic at that moment when Obama was speaking. I find nothing personal about what he said in regards to Palin.

Now, if Obama had said McCain choosing Palin is like putting lipstick on a pig, then that would be to me as more of personal attack on McCain (McCain being the pig and Palin the lip stick).

One of McCain’s former advisors has a book out with putting lip stick on a pig in the title.

516ZM9QPDJL._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIsit

I heard Obama is on David Letterman tonight and this will be brought up.

By the way. I have not seen it yet, but I guess McCain has a counter ad about the comment out on his website that he is drawing some heat for him right now. Anyone seen this yet?

Ok, I'll wade into this one.

First off, I am noooo fan of Obama, and McCain has not endeared himself to me either.

I am a pretty conservative/libertarian person for the most part.

I honestly don't think Obama meant anyything towards Palin with his comment. It was pretty clear what he was trying to say. The crowd of supporters he was speaking to, however, picked up on the comment and began to react in a manner where he was in a catch 22 situation. When he tried to clarify and mentioned her name in a positive manner, his supporters responded with boos. At that instant, it became a bright shiny nugget for the media and talk shows to exploit their ratings. At this point, the damage is done.

I saw something similar with Howard Dean (another guy I cannot support)in 2004. IIRC, he was in a room full of supporters in Iowa, and he made his famous scream. The next day, every talk show, media outlet, and morning drive show was ridiculing him and blowing it waaaay out of proportion. IMO, it was a savaging he did not deserve, but the die was cast.

Obama does not deserve to be pilloried for this. I can find enough reasons on the issues alone where I can't support him. I am sure many others can find McCain's positions on the issues equally unpalatable.

To reduce this stuff to goofy out of context sound bites and base our votes on said gaffes makes us get what we deserve come November.

Quote:
I have watched the footage a few times now and it was Obama talking about going from Bush administration to a Mcain administration would be like putting lipstick on a pig, you still have the same thing. Palin was not even part of the topic at that moment when Obama was speaking. I find nothing personal about what he said in regards to Palin.

Right on. The media is always looking to put a negative and personal spin on it.

"It is so funny how the conservative group has embraced her with open arms. But only a few years ago James Dobson was recommending that mothers of young children should stay at home as much as possible but now he thinks she is the next coming because she gave birth and it back at work in three days. Hypocrite! 30+ years ago the R party would have done everything in their power to hold her back." They were never for women moving forward. It was a good old boys network.

I recently read the article by Anna Quindlen in Newsweek and she made a great point. "This would all have been entertaining if it were not such rank hypocrisy. These are people who have inveighed against affirmative action, a version of which undoubtedly played a part in this selection. These are people who inveighed against personal attacks on their new nominee when the wingnuts of their own party elevated such attacks to a fine art by accusing Hillary Rodham Clinton of fictitious misdeeds ranging from treason to murder. To try to suggest Sarah Palin might garner the Hillary Clinton vote, that one woman is just the same as another, that biology trumps ideology, is the ultimate evidence of true sexism, and I hope Senator Clinton will travel the country and say so." How true is that?

It is a good read if you can open your mind a little:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157543

The bottom line is she is NOT qualified to run the country if McCain kicks the bucket. I have read these boards and I have seen the comments made by some in regards to "I would stick her". What a glowing review for YOUR VP pick. I would hope you clearly look at the issues and see that if we get 8 more years of the Bush/McCain political machine we all in for a long run. I would hope that within your own party you can look at her as a candidate and not some object of your selfish desire.

PS. I hope you also read that Bushes buddies over seas decided yesterday to cut production by 500,000 barrels a day since oil prices have fallen by 33% in the last couple months. They want to make sure they keep that price up and keep lining their pockets with our money. Only makes sense.

To reduce this stuff to goofy out of context sound bites and base our votes on said gaffes makes us get what we deserve come November.

Quite!

...it was Obama talking about going from Bush administration to a Mcain administration would be like putting lipstick on a pig, you still have the same thing. Palin was not even part of the topic at that moment when Obama was speaking. I find nothing personal about what he said in regards to Palin.

That's what he meant and now it is getting spun. This is ridiculous. Rahter than discuss pollicy and issues this is what the McCain camp wants to talk about. That is dissapointing.

For you hard core repubs hung up on this, should Cheney have resigned after he told Leahy to "Go F himself"? That is far more offensive than the pig comment.

Sep 9, 2008 ... John McCain in Iowa on 10/11/2007 referring to Hillary Clinton's health care plan as putting "lipstick on the pig, but it's still a pig"

Sep 10, 2008 ... John McCain uses "lipstick on a pig" line referring to Hillary Clinton during the primaries

This has Carl Rove written all over it.

This guy is a political spin and anti spin genius grin.

How many times was the microphone left on while Bush was on stage and behind stage during his campaigns?

The guy swore and used very derogatory remarks towards people during a campaign and Rove made it so it was not an issue grin.