• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moultrie 4.0 not flashing

I have my trail camera in the woods and I am getting ALOT of black pictures between 9pm and 4 am. I will assume they are bucks. With that being said, it seems the camera is not flashing. I brought it in the house and went to a dark room, used the manual mode and it flashed fine.

Any thoughts??

Thx,

Mike

hmm.. i would set it up in your yard tonight and do some walk tests on the regular picture taking mode and see what you see. is this a new camera? could need firmware updates as well. guess i dont know for sure what the newest ones would be for that cam- mine are all IR

A friend of mine had an issue like this, but with another brand. All pictures at dark never showed up...Even at a very close distance, when they tested it out in their own house. He called their customer service explaining the problem...They told em' to ship the unit to them and they wanted to check it out for themselves. Ended up getting a new camera out of the deal. Was out a trail camera for a week & ½.

From my understanding...The timing of the flash and when it is supposed to take pictures was off. Being the timing of this was so far off, it was taking pictures like it never had a flash.

I don't know a whole lot about cameras so, maybe some of the people in the photography forum would know the nuts and bolts how this happens and what you can do to fix it...If possible.

With a trail camera, I can't imagine anything more frustrating, knowing it's most likely capturing night time bucks and you cant see them.

Good Luck