• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Pictures of Hunting Shacks Out There???

I've hunted over the Wisonsin state dog my entire adult life. Laura Evans, the woman in the pic was president of the AWSA 15 years ago and her dog Rosie was on the cover of the first Bird Dog Magazine. Rosie is Dusty Dakota Rose from a breading by Mary Kangas and a breader from Vermillion South Dakota. The other three are brothers from Mary as well. I owned Jack, the one in front of me.

We hunted the world with that crew. I watched Rosie on a long return pull a large wounded goose almost her size to shore. But what made the story remarkable is that 25 yards out the goose got it's head stuck between the slats of a wooden pallet. She pulled them both in.

Laura has a new pup from a different breader that we will introduce to pheasants this fall. As dogs they do it all, but they shine in the canoe for float trips. Mine had the makings of a good drug sniffing dog and all of them hunt dead better than most breads especially pointing breads.

I've hunted over dogs from Swan Lake Kennels and think they are great but big for bread standard- which could be an asset for some. I'm currently dogless but have three boys 10 8 and 6 that bump alot of birds for me, but I'm looking to get another in a few years so sing the praises of your relatives bloodlines and keep me in mind.

I'm looking for a female, but not necessarily to bread.