• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

reloading?

BIGBORE

check out reloadersnest.com some real good info and all kinds of load recipies for most any gun out there. good luck it is fun to experiment but just remember don't load to the max bad things can happen. speaking from experiance.

Bigbore, 270 wsm is definately a bullet to be reloading, I was at GM the other day and was floored by the price of ammo. Have you bought your reloading equipment yet? If not, I would suggest buying a reloading book or two and reading them first. Since you are looking at Nosler bullets, I would recommend getting their reloading manual for sure and maybe the ABC's of reloading as well. I have 3 books on reloading the ABC's one, the Lee reloading manual and the hornady reloading manual. each one has great information and I definately suggest you do some reading and a little research before you get your equipment.

I personally went with the Lee classic turret press. I reload for both pistol and rifle and it was the best solution for me. the most useful piece of equipment I have is the RCBS chargemaster scale system. I bought the digital scale portion first until I saved my $$$ for the powder dispensor part. It is very accurate and when you are developing loads for your rifle, the digital scale is a definate plus.

I could go on from here, but I will let others offer their advice as well. There are a number of people here who reload as well. Lee dies are a great bargain, they work really well and don't cost and arm and a leg either.

One of the most important things to remember is to use load data for the exact bullet you are using. Don't use data for a different bullet that seems the same. Your pressures may be way off! Definitely get some books on the subject. LoadData.com is a great source online.