• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mississippi kites in Duluth

Steve Foss

As many of us know, the escarpment above Duluth, coupled with the Big Lake, funnel raptors in spring and fall (especially fall) as they migrate.

Yesterday and today, Mississippi kites were seen from Hawk Ridge above Duluth. Now, those species aren't very common in Duluth, and they are but one of a bunch of raptor species now passing through on migration, which will peak later this month.

Thousands and thousands of raptors course the ridge above Duluth during fall migration, and I recommend anyone who loves birds and loves spectacle and amazing views go to Hawk Ridge this month, where there are expert birders by the score and lots of birding programs going on.

You can simply do a Web search for Hawk Ridge and Duluth and you'll find all you need.

Good luck, and good birding! gringrin

There's a possibility of a cancellation one day the weekend of the 27th/28th, but I know you've got a wedding shoot scheduled for the 27th, so if my gig on the 28th cancels (she's a bit tentative), are you willing or would it be too much too soon?