• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Will WI have the #1 typical by seasons end?

Cooter

Last week I saw some online footage of a monster here in WI. Good enough footage to know he's got more than enough antler to beat Milo's #1 typical but not good enough footage to tell if deductions will prevent that.

Of course he could get hit by a car, break tines, or because they figure him at 6.5 years he very well might make it through another season. Anyone else seen the video?

For sure its enough to make you drool. Later.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen it. Pretty amazing. They claim it to be a wild deer on unfenced private property in Buffalo county Wisc. You can see the video on the field and stream magazine HSOforum. Has to have a good plan for evading hunters to have gotten that big.

CH

I just peed a little. Jimminy Christmas! I hope someone puts an arrow through that creature! I really hope a bowhunter takes him. Might be tough to enter as a typical. I am guessing 218 3/8" net and 249 5/8" gross just for kicks. Anyone else want to play the guessing game? Also, he will get shot November 3rd.

What a monster! My only question is, is he a main fram 10 or tweleve? He is a 6x6 for sure but I think one a point on each side shares a common base on the main beam with another point. If it can be scored as main frame 12 point than I think he's got a shot, as a 10 point I doubt he is big enough.

regardless what a deer!

I agree, he looks like he'll gross huge. But it appears some of his points share bases or come from the inside of the beam.

Its going to be like that Zaft buck from Edmonton. "New World Record" until the tape beats him up!

What a giant! Whether its this one or not, its only a matter of time before Milo has a contender. Seems to be more and more 200"+ typicals every year now. Lots of difference between 200 and a 213 though.

Neat to see.

That video kills me. I was born about 15 years too late.

My grampa had a small dairy farm 4-5 miles east of Mondovi. My sister and I spent a couple weeks every summer there. Unfortunately, he passed away when I was about 8, and my mom's 5 sisters were not an agreeable bunch.

Long story short, they pretty much gave away about 400 acres of prime land. If the banks would only give 8 year olds large amounts of money, I'd be one happy dude.

Its more about the does genetics that the bucks. Only certain does will carry the gene for throwing large racked bucks. Dont get me wrong, the breeding buck needs to be quite large to pass on that kind of genetics, but its really more about the does father than the breeding buck. Just some info, that I dont think is very mainstream.

Musky is right.

Big fat advertisement really. Its got their official logo on the upper portion and specifically spells it out on the bottom.

I'd really doubt its a fenced animal. I know a few people that have hunted with them, and they are some hard workin guys I guess. BUT, one never knows.

Think they have seen an increase in phone calls since this video hit the web??? LOL

Its Called advertising...!

Buffalo County Outfitters want's all of you to go out there and

each spend $3,000.00 each to shoot a Deer...

I would not be surprised if they had it inside a Fence.

At least they don't charge per inch like a lot of those places. Kind of sad someone with deep pockets will probably shoot the next world record.