• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Duck boat Grass or Bulrush

I'm going to use that black snow fence (plenty of places to zip tie to) this year for the last 5 years I've used the army style netting and avery real grass but the netting is starting to get rotten so I'm goig to the snow fence and brush,grass, fake grass and canary grass.

another thing I'm going to do this year is use fake christmas trees they take camo paint well and I can stick them into predrilled holes on my frame of the blind or stick them in place that may need extra camo.

Don't zip tie if you don't have to. I always used 3 inch square fence on the outside of my blind and then would take handfuls of reed canary grass and and pull it down through the squares. Start at the top of your blind and work down to the bottom. The compressed unnatural looking grass won't show because it will be covered by the fluffed up top of the lower layer of grass. Once you've completely covered your blind in that, go back and slip in other vegetation you might find in your spot. Takes time but is the best way I've found to actually break up the outline of a blind and not just cover the surface with fake looking bundles of grass or reeds. I have pics if you want to take a look. Grassing the blind was almost as fun as hunting out of it!

oh yeah the river is the only place i can get awat from people because its to low for outboards. look in the waterfowl pic them are from last friday on the riv. I just seen something that needs some work before the next time out pictures say a thousand words!

dan z,

Your blind looks good. How is it attached to the boat, how does it stand up? We're looking to do a blind this year and still kicking around the ideas. If it's easy to post some interior shots that might be good for some of us, too.

Chub -

You're right on. We've made our own blinds a few times but finally ponied up the $$ for the Belas blind and love it. Also, the fast grass has been on it for 4 or 5 years and while its a bit "weathered" it still does the job just fine. We'll fill in areas if need be. I actually like them more know that they're beat up a bit. We haven't opted for the flip-top yet. not sure if I'd like that.

-erik