Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SP180

Seat in the Fish trap Scout

6 posts in this topic

Anyone change the seat in the fishtrap scout? What did you use and does it fit under the travel cover.

Don't have a scout, I have a Pro and I actually pull out the seat and use a bucket seat because the seat takes up too much room and adds more weight.

The mounting pedestal for the seat is the exact same pedestal used for boat seats. I am going to change my seat over in my Scout to a boat seat within the next month once boat seat are on clearance.

I replaced the seat before I fished out of a scout last year. I used a removable swivel and a padded boat seat, but had to slide the seat off before I put the cover on. I did it mostly so It would still fit under the tonneau cover on my truck.

Buy,the Pro cover for the scout. It will fit the bigger seat and is easier to get off and on.

I ripped the seat and hardware out of mine years back and went with a light weight coleman cooler and glued lightweight foam on the lid for seat padding, dry storage galore now and reduced the weight by 13 lbs.