• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wireless / Cellular Trail Cameras

Does anyone own one?

With those of you that have trail camera's a considerable distance from your home and with the rising cost of fuel, wondering if more people are looking at using these types of trail cameras. I don't know a whole lot about them and I've just started to look into and learn about these. But, boy-oh-boy do they know what they want for them. I tried bringing it up to my wife (and even though I don't have the budget to purchase something like this right now) I jokingly, with some truth to it, tried selling the fact that I could save on this camera in the long run. I wouldn't' have to fulfill my obsession and curiosity, by burning up fuel, driving all that way to view my vids and pictures, but instead check them out with my cell phone or online at the service web hosting site. Even though it is on private land, doesn't mean that someone couldn't walk away with it. That along with the price has to be the 2 biggest down falls or concerns.

Just curious...

That takes the "outdoors" away from the outdoors. I mean where do you draw the line?You have your automatic deer scent dispercers, scent killer, electronic calls, decoys, heated stands, four wheelers, crossbows, lighted nocks (or even the ones with the adds in magazines that detatches in the deer and you use a trcking devise to find the deer you just shot), special lights to make the blood show up better etc..... I am not saying these are bad things but where will it end? People shooting deer from there desk chairs??

they already have the desk chair hunt in Texas. Living an hour away from where I hunt I have looked into these, I would have no problem buying one if the price comes down, scheels had one for $650. It would also keep your scent out of the woods.