Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeH55343

Non- Resident License?

9 posts in this topic

Can anyone give me the quick anwser/advice the the ND Hunter Safety Number on the hunting license application?

The web site states that anyone born after 1961 must have a hunter safety number - but it is not a required field.

The web site data is not very clear. The FAQ does not address non-residents.

Any information would be appreciated.

Do you have a hunter's safety number for MN? Otherwise it appears you can leave it blank. I have one from ND so I have always entered it but it doesn't look like it's required.

I am pretty sure you are required to have hunters safety to hunt in ND if you were born after 1961. I have a few friends that want to hunt in ND but can't get license until they get their certification.

Yes, you need hunter safety to get a license in ND if you were born after 1961. This includes ALL hunters, res and non-res. Had a friend that had to go through the adult class to get his cert before he could hunt. Just need the number from the state that you got certified in.

It's not a required field because if you were born before 1961, you don't need the number.

Everyone's spot on here... you will need your hunters certificatin number, regardless if you're a resident or non resident.

marine_man

Check the back of your drivers license. Mine says "firearms certificate" or something along those lines and my drivers license number is the hunter safety number.

I called ND Dnr last year and asked the same question. THe lady laughed and stated enter your driving license number, so

i did and recieved approval for a license. I have since

went thru the adult test, and now I am such a better

sportsman becuase of it. Kinda of a crock, 40 yr old guy cant

get license in some states but 12 yr old who just takes class,

most dont now how handle gun would have no problem. Goverment

for ya.