• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

T-Jack

james_walleye

Get rid of him!!!! Who you ask? TJack and/or Childress. He doesn't know how to coach and TJack is Terrible. Yes the line didn't help him very much, but when they did, he didn't come through like he should have. After a full season, he should be looking much better than he is, and if he was any good, the defenses wouldn't just ignore him and play the run all the time. Time for him to go!!! Period. Put Gus in the game and at least give us a chance to win the game.

Sharper.........FALL ON THE BALL!!! Trying to be a hero and run with the fumble. Just fall on it and give the O great field position, instead....FIRST DOWN GREEN BAY! Yeah our million dollar D line forgot to show up, but how about trying some blitzing to try and force some pressure? Is there something wrong with that? I don't think so since the Packers were certainly doing it to us. Sometimes I think our entire coaching staff is playing Pop Warner instead of NFL.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother has never liked t-jack and I have always told him to give the guy a chance to see what he can do. My opinion was as long as he continues to improve I will stand behind him but I just cannot do that anymore. As hard as this is to say he is a D2 QB and I am afraid that is all he ever will be.

I also believe Chili is way over his head. If the Vikes do not make the play offs this year Chili is gone or should be.

Lawdog...

I thought I read someplace today that Shiancoe was supposed to be on the receiving end of that pass, but broke his route off incorrectly.

Shiancoe was involved with about all of the plays that went sour last night.

Sharper.........FALL ON THE BALL!!!

You can't blame him for trying to make a play. Ball pops out in the open field and you have a chance to pick it up and do something with it you gotta do it. It always seems like things like that just go Green Bay's, way especially in Lambeau. Hindsight is 20-20 and yes we would have gotten the ball if he would have fallen on it, but you can look back at every play and say "Oh the coaches should have made this call, the player should have played it this way."

I find it funny reading these posts cutting the guy to no tomorrow. I know for a fact there is not a QB in the league that could stand in that so-called pocket the OL of the Vikings provides. They are pathetic. There was no time for any QB to establish any kind of consistancey when the O-lines doesn't do their job. Special teams??? ICKY is all I can say!!!! The second highest paid player on the team not running the proper routes. Send him back to the Giants he makes me sick. AP where is our stud at the end of the game??? Oh ya there he was standing on the sideline helmet in hand. Coach must of thought he was tired. HMMM what the heck is going on there. Does this coach know what a screen play is. Man if you have a running back that can run 100 to 200 yds per game give the guy the ball!!! Shovel pass, screen pass anything PLEASE!!!!!! Being a huge Viking fan I just can handle stupid coaches!!!! I'm going bowhunting until they prove they can play!!!!!

I find it funny reading these posts cutting the guy to no tomorrow. I know for a fact there is not a QB in the league that could stand in that so-called pocket the OL of the Vikings provides. They are pathetic. There was no time for any QB to establish any kind of consistancey when the O-lines doesn't do their job. Special teams??? ICKY is all I can say!!!! The second highest paid player on the team not running the proper routes. Send him back to the Giants he makes me sick. AP where is our stud at the end of the game??? Oh ya there he was standing on the sideline helmet in hand. Coach must of thought he was tired. HMMM what the heck is going on there. Does this coach know what a screen play is. Man if you have a running back that can run 100 to 200 yds per game give the guy the ball!!! Shovel pass, screen pass anything PLEASE!!!!!! Being a huge Viking fan I just can handle stupid coaches!!!! I'm going bowhunting until they prove they can play!!!!!

I agree with you 100% !

It's funny that people actually thought the vikings had a chance this year! Now I know it was only one game, but if the vikes keep playing like that this year they are going nowhere. What was funny about the game last night was that the packers still beat the vikings even after they had a penalty almost every play! Green bay or chicago is going to win the division. Vikes will be lucky to finish 8-8 with jackson in. They should try booty. He is there only hope! Go Packers!

Lawdog...

I thought I read someplace today that Shiancoe was supposed to be on the receiving end of that pass, but broke his route off incorrectly.

Shiancoe was involved with about all of the plays that went sour last night.

Very possible Shiancoe cut the route off, but if he had the read of whatever coverage that tells him to cut it and T-Jack couldn't read what the defender was doing to Shiancoe that's another problem with T-Jack's progression isn't it? Obviously the reciever knows if he's in press coverage or if its man vs. zone, so I doubt he'd screw that read up...

1st half, in which the play calling resembled 2007, 2 completions 16 yards. 2nd half, finally a little bit of what i've been preaching, spread the field and throw the ball more on 1st and 2nd downs, 14 completions 161 yards 2 TD drives and a FG drive. No QB will look good with some of the playcalling coming from that sideline. The second half was the first we've seen Childress get "creative" for lack of a better word. He actually mixed things up a bit. But as someone said earlier here, you have the best open field threat in the game in AP and Childress does nothing to get him the ball in the passing game. Can you people tell me this wouldnt help Jackson?? This is just another example of Childress not putting his players in a position to succeed. Use AP more in the passing game and it opens up the rest of the field in the passing game. I dont care who you put in at QB, bring in anyone you want, if a game is called like the 1st half the other night they will fail. No QB survives if the only passes he gets to throw is on 3rd and 7. We'll see now after he opened it up in the 2nd half and seeing how Jackson did if he'll continue to mix things up a little more. Am i saying Jackson is the answer? No. What I am saying is we will never really know if Childress doesnt get things figured out. If he doesnt get it figured out Jackson will be gone and then the next QB will come in an he will fail. Brad Johnson was the 1st QB in the regime. Sure, hes never been a great QB, but always a very solid QB. Under Childress he looked like he couldnt QB a pop warner team. The problem is more than just Jackson, its about the situations hes being given.

Very well put James_walleye. I watched the Colts and Bears game, and when the bears LB and DL rumbles through the OL like the Packers , even the great Payton Manning had a difficult time. It also doesn't help that the guy Jackson threw most to couldn't catch the ball when it was right on his hand. Shainco sux. cut him before Tjack

This is the do or die year for both in my books! I am not going to point fingures and blame anyone, but if we dont do well this year, the coaching and Qb positions should be changed for next year. It doesnt pay to try to argue all year long, the Vikings arent going to change anything between now and the end of the year, we just need to accept this!

Thing that killed me is that Childress is talking about how they have to go back to the drawing board. HOLY COW MAN!!!!! You only played one game and have to start from scratch all over again. Shows how bad of a coach he really is!!!

Quote:
This is the do or die year for both in my books! I am not going to point fingures and blame anyone, but if we dont do well this year, the coaching and Qb positions should be changed for next year. It doesnt pay to try to argue all year long, the Vikings arent going to change anything between now and the end of the year, we just need to accept this!

I totally agree with this!!!! 100% I sure hope Ziggy feels the same way. Ziggy has spent a lot of money on guys Childress says he wants. LOTS of money!

With everything bad that has happened over the past couple years, Ziggy is one guy who I think is really doing his best to put a winning team together. I applaud him for that. I just think he's getting bad feedback on which players to spend money on.

Well, I said it after last season and again before this season started, and I'll stick with what I said....

I'll give TJack 6 games to show me improvements this year. We should know by then if he's going to be any better than last year. If not, he's gotta go or take a back-up role.

Thus far, IMO, he's 0 for 1.

I'd be willing to bet if he was playing for a coach who knew how to draw up a gameplan he would look much better. Just look at the tale of 2 halves the other night with the difference in playcalling. Hey 161 yards and 3 scoring drives pretty much off his arm, that isnt to shabby.