• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Final count down till...

Meat-Run

It's the final count down till archery season opens here in MN, five days and counting. I'm looking forward to just spending as much time as my wife would allow me to spend in a tree stand. My locations are showing some good sign and/or movement just in the last week so I hope to see some does opening morning.

My goal is to wait for a 8pt buck or larger that is at least 3-4 years old. If not than I will take the first antler after rifle season. To this day I still haven't taken a buck with a bow and arrow so I want to accomplish that this year. What's everyones goal for this archery season?

mr

A doe for the freezer early then anything 3yrs and up. I cant wait to be sitting in a stand. The nights have been cool these last few days and I have been standing outside just smelling the air and dreaming. I cant wait!!

my plans have changed a lot from what i had planned on TRYING to accomplish this fall. Trail cam pics have done that to me as well. been getting pix of some dandy's, including a true beast in my eyes. i had planned on taking a doe without spotted kids first chance, but i have been getting pix of good bucks for the last few weeks. a few over 150". some i'm holding off to wait it out for a wallhanger. may seem silly, but i'm due. i've got pix posted in "trail cams" in the "deer, bear, moose" hunting forum at the very end of it. if you think otherwise, let me know. good luck to ya all, and buckelup when in the stand.

I hunt both MN and WI, My hopes is to one mature buck in one of the places.. But my main goal is to enjoy myself. I hope to lessen the doe population in the metro by a few(my goal is 3) but will be happy with tag soup as well... A friend and I have access to some metro land and hope to make a wed evening hunt tradition.

trying to get my brother his first deer been at it for 3 years now. 2nd with bow. That would be the most rewarding thing hope i can get him on video too. I was planning on setting up near him but i might not even hunt myself so i could videotape him

The minnesota properties I have access to don't look very promising as of yet so my focus will be in wisconsin. I only have one wooded parcel of roughly 100 acres but thousands of acres or cornfields through a commercial farmer. The wooded property I know well and will take as many does as I can give away. My ultimate goal for the season though is to hunt the woods from various stands when the wind is calm. When the wind is blowing steady I will hunt cornfields (which suit the wind direction) by stalking. I won't shoot a buck unless it makes P&Y or is very unique. It doesn't matter if it's the last day of the season either. My bar doesn't get lowered anymore. Stalking a pope and young buck in a cornfield sounds like a pretty big goal right now but very exciting also. I'll be hunting lots of different property throughout polk county (WI) and part of the thrill is that I haven't scouted these areas and I anticipate seeing plenty of deer/wildlife. It will also sharpen my skills as a hunter in the art of stalking; which is indeed truly an art. I also have no sort of inventory of the bucks on these properties and feel that hunting so many different properties will eventually lead to a harvest of my definition of trophy. That anticipation and element of the unknown will help me to get through the long journey through every field while maintaining focus.

My goal this year is a few fat does for the freezer. Got my first deer last year with a bow, a little 3 point buck, so now I'm going to practice some QDM and try and thin out some does. Unless of course I see a nice mature buck that would look good over the fireplace.