• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Season opener!!!!!! MN vs GB

Scott K

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tarvaris looks better in the third quarter--still not making horrible decisions, picking up some yards scrambling, and now completing some passes. Not great, but this is what I hope for from him this season: no horrible mistakes and positive yards. The first-half Jackson was what I feared: six passing yards total. The o-line is doing a better job pass-blocking than in the first half, and that helps too.

Tarvaris Jackson is not responsible for coverage on punts, rushing the Green Bay QB, or covering the Packer receivers. He is also not responsible for Mills and Shiancoe dropping well-thrown passes.

TD pass to Rice--Jackson looked fine on that play, and on that drive. Now if he can he just do that consistently in the rest of the fourth quarter (and this season)...

Rather than carp anymore about whether Tarvaris Jackson is solely responsible for tonight's problems, I will say this and be done (unless the Vikings pull this out with two minutes left): if the Vikings don't go far in the playoffs, and especially if they lose both games to Green Bay yet again, Childress has got to go. Three years to put his system in place, Adrian Peterson's awesomeness, gambling on Tarvaris Jackson (if he doesn't play well consistently this year) and a lot of money spent on the defense leaves Childress no excuses if he can't take this team to the playoffs.

Actually I'm kind of happy. More fishing and hunting time for this guy wink

Ya, I say that every year, but still watch every game (mostly).

Bummer tonight, but at least it was a close game.

I wonder who Favray was cheering for tonight? grin

Let's do a serious analysis here, Pierbridge, instead of being a homer and hoping for the best next week.

I'm afraid it comes down to No QB = No glory. You have to put alot of the blame on Tarvaris tonight. If he could have passed better in the first half, that would have easily opened up the offense so Peterson could have space to run.

I do have to say the O-line really didn't help his cause tonight though. Unless GB's blitz packages are really that good, our O-line MUST perform better than what they did tonight.

PLEASE COME BACK SOON MADIEAU WILLIAMS! We could use the help in our secondary too!

Rather than carp anymore about whether Tarvaris Jackson is solely responsible for tonight's problems, I will say this and be done (unless the Vikings pull this out with two minutes left): if the Vikings don't go far in the playoffs, and especially if they lose both games to Green Bay yet again, Childress has got to go. Three years to put his system in place, Adrian Peterson's awesomeness, gambling on Tarvaris Jackson (if he doesn't play well consistently this year) and a lot of money spent on the defense leaves Childress no excuses if he can't take this team to the playoffs.

Playoffs? Playoffs?!! grin Doesn't look like they will get that far...but the end result should still be the same. smirk

Originally Posted By: 'eyehunter

Playoffs? Playoffs?!! grin Doesn't look like they will get that far...but the end result should still be the same. smirk

Season's not over yet. Are you counting Indianapolis out? San Diego lost at home yesterday to a mediocre team, are they done? Vikes let one slip tonight, Ref's didn't help, but they were playing a good team at their house.

Tavaris did not look like a superstar tonight, but I liked what he did. He missed a couple of passes, but everyone does. The pick was not a good throw, but if you watched the replay he was forced to release it high because of the D-lineman jumping. O-line did not play very good tonight, but they were going up against some good guys, they won't see that caliber of a d-line every week. Secondary did not play well overall. They did come up and make some plays on the short passes, but they got bailed out of some plays on stupid penalties by the packers. Our recievers did not look very good in my opinion. They looked nervous. Adrian Peterson wanted to win this football game more than anyone else on the team. He gave it everything he had on every play and you could tell he was tired at the end of the game. We got beat on special teams, even though the blocked field goal was a huge play. You take away the punt return....

Vikings will get better because of tonight's game. They are going to go home and watch the film, see where to improve and put this game behind them. Indianapolis is limping right now and they have to come in to the dome filled with 65000 people and face the Vikings running game. It should be a good season. I still firmly believe that we will make the playoffs and we will make some noise. Skor Vikings!

I just posted the same thing, Mike412, in the T-Jack thread that was started about the Vike's offensive line, or lack of. The Pack were in Jackson's face quite a bit and he didn't make too many bad decisions like he has in the past.

Before the ref blame game get's rolling, the game was horrible all around. Leverage? And that lineman down field call that brought back the TD was horrible. The lineman in question fell forward after the guy he was blocking released and they called it. So there was plenty of bad calls to go around tonight.

When it comes down to it, it is just the first game. All though pivotal (being against Green Bay and all the drama that has occurred prior to pre season and all), but it still is the first game of the season.

Not much to say, but they lost. Did like seeing a little more precedence giving to the pass, but time for the Vikes to look at tonight’s game and figure out what to do.

I give TJ still another season or two before he becomes a good QB. Not much for the Vikes right now, but acorns will grow a mighty oak. Ya hate to see a young QB have a phenomenal couple great years and end up having it go to his head. Good example, Coldpepper!

It is nights like tonight that build a good QB. At least he slammed his helmet at the end!