• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Season opener!!!!!! MN vs GB

Scott K

Well the day has finally got here, the MN Vikings season opener. I have been very impatiently waiting for this day for 9 months now, lets hope I am not dissapointed! My prediction for tonights game is that T-Jack is going to supprise the Packers, and he is going to come out passing and will do well. T-Jack will get 260 yards passing 2 passing touch downs, and will run in for another. Peterson will have 175 yards total, 130 rushing, 45 receiving 2 TDS.

Final score Vikes 35 GB 17

Go Vikes!!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come Monday Night

the Boys in Purple will be in my Sight

Gonna watch the MV beat up the GBP

The QB is gonna hand the Ball to CT & AP and they’ll run in for the TD!

I’ll be watchin this on my TV

At the end of the day I’ll be named the MVP!

T-JACK is Back and he won’t take the Sack

I’ll be drinkin a Beer gettin ready to CHEER

And the GB D is gonna be livin in FEAR!

I know what you’re Thinkin

But the PACK are gonna be a STINKIN!

I’ll leave you now with thought or two

But don’t feel bad if you don’t have a CLUE

The next beer is going down the HATCH

And I just can’t wait for the big RE-MATCH!

I just can’t wait for the Big re-match!

I hate to sound negative but after watching a quarter and a half, they don't look to be any better than their last season. It never changes and I really don't believe that Childress or Jackson can make this team go.

I have been waiting for Childress to prove me wrong and I would be more than happy if he did but with all the penalties and poor play, its the same ol.

Thoughts at halftime: Tarvaris Jackson has shown some improvement from last year in that he is throwing the ball away or taking a sack tonight where last year he would have made a bad throw for an INT. The bad news is he still isn't showing any accuracy on the passes he does get off.

That isn't all Jackson's fault, though. McKinnie is suspended for four games, but the Vikings pass protection should still be better than it is. Tarvaris has been hurried, hit, chased out of the pocket, and generally hasn't had time to set his feet before throwing. The pass blocking has got to improve in the second half if the Vikings are going to hang in there.

Some people suggested Minnesota didn't attend to needs on the o-line because Zygi was spending on the defense. If so, where is the pressure Allen, Williams, and co. were supposed to bring on Rodgers?

It sticks in my purple-and-gold craw to say this, but Rodgers looks more prepared to start in the NFL than does Jackson.

On the bright side, when Adrian Peterson can break through the nine-man fronts, he is showing last year wasn't a fluke. The run defense has mostly kept Grant bottled up. But, the Vikings have got to pass the ball successfully and put pressure on Rodgers if they want to win.

A blocked field goal, ending a drive where the Packers moved the ball down-field pretty easily, is a good way to go in to the locker-room...but can The Purple build on that in the second half?

Ah well...GO VIKINGS!!!

I can't imagine why I wanted Favre for a year or 2...LOL.... grin

I'm not panic-ing just yet after 2 Quarters playing in one of the toughest places to play in the NFL against a 13-3 team. I'll leave that up to you guys for now... smile

T-Jack has been out for 3 1/2 weeks.

Go Vikes!