• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Your Favorite Vehicle

DTro

my first car was a 66 chevelle super sport with a 327 motor that was so fast it made all the guys in my town jealous it was a great car until an old guy backed into the road in front of me in a big old van and I hit him broad side. and my other fav was my 66 bronco and at 50 mph the fenders looked like they would fall off flapping in the wind but boy could it 4 wheel...

I drove a buccaneer red Trans AM with mags, headers and side pipes. It only had the 400, but when breathing properly it was still a hot engine. It had the muncie 4 speed and sucked you into the seat with every shift.

I also had a 1981 Trans Am. It was the pace car edition with a Recarro interior. I couldn't afford to make it meet emissions with the modifications and absent emmissions equipment and had to sell it at a loss. Even without the catalitic converter and other stuff-it was still a dog compared to that 74. It had horrible turbo lag and the standard transmition was no fun at all. Still a neat car with the t tops.

In my old age, I'm loving my black 2004 suburban Z71 with all leather, theater, onstar, and XM. The fill ups are painfull and so are the payments-but only two left!Hans

Quote:
Mine was a 1988 Honda Prelude SI AWS

I had a 1990 not sure if it had AWS or not but I sold it about 2 years ago with 220,000 on her still running great, manual Tranny, killer stereo and awesome mileage.

I use to strap my Fishtrap Guide right on top and cruise up North and back for like $10 bucks in gas!

I wish I still had her!

Had to be my '86 Astro....wasn't a great vehicle, but it got me 250000 miles and hauled the childrens sports teams from school to home and on Saturday practices for their jr hi and high school years....Everybody knew who's van it was. It's just that stupid doghouse was a pain.

I've not had a favorite vehicle yet although I do like my current '05 Chev 1/2ton Silverado crew.

My #1 vehicle to have would be the GMC Sierra Denali. Either that or the Cadillac Escalade EXT. And since I'll never own either, I'll just have to dream. smirk

Mine was my first vehicle. An '84 Ford Ranger 2 wheel drive long box with a stick. I took that thing more places than I'd even dream of taking a 4x4 and she came out every time. I'll tell you what, with a vehicle like that you learn in a hurry how to handle on snow and ice. Long, light, and manual.

fav was 1973 F-250 dual wheel flat bed, 390 four speed

Wife called it my Pig [PoorWordUsage] Truck. She could haul tons literally and best part is it got as good MPG as my 1997 F-150 and I was able to work on it myself. I miss it very much cry

In my life I've owned a LOT of different vehicles. Some were fun, some were.......well.....not so fun. I've had everything from my 74 Toyota corolla to my 68 Camaro to my 72 Cutlass to my 81 Datsun. I currently own a 68 Fury 3 and that's a fun car too.

Since the title of this thread is "Your favorite vehicle" I have to say, without a doubt, my all time fav, is the one that helped me spend a little time in the clinker after a very high speed chase through Anoka, Washingon, and Chisago county. This was a great many years ago, and I'm not proud of the jail time, but boy howdy, what a car.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the 1967 Pontiac GTO. This one was not mine. It's a spittin image, tho. This is the absolute best thing ever to come out of Detroit.

67_00004_4.jpg

Just look at it. Isn't it beautiful??? Not only is it the fastest car I've ever driven, it just flat out looks fast.

Had a "75" Dodge Dart sport with hopped up 318 CI in her. Cam, headers, high rise intake and a 780 Holley. Bought her in that form, great little car, and quite the sleeper. Not sure what the gear ratio was...not much on the big end, got there very fast. Blew the doors off a "72" Camaro with 396 and he didn't see the humor after he asked me what I had in that thing and I told him a 225 slant 6 grin

A real pain to keep tuned up, but worth all the time and $$.

Not mine, but pretty much the same car.

73_Dart__2_.gif

My first (and favorite) car was a 1975 honda civic hatchback. I bought it for 100 bucks, my dad and I put in a new windshield and did some motor work. I bought it with 180K miles on it, she died (threw a rod) at 250K miles. The greatest part about it was that I was 6'6" at the time I looked like a one man clown crew coming out of that thing. If I can find an picture of me with it I will post it.

I would buy another 75 in a heartbeat. If I remember, it was still getting over 30 mpg at the end of her run

I still carry the original shift knob from my honda in my current vehicle, kind of a good luck thing........

Nice ride man!

Since I lost my baby, and my other.. 73 vette, 454....kids ugggg!

I am looking for a 70's like that or a 50/60 chev truck I can custom out and drop in a Big Block 454 or trick out a 350.

mmmmmm.

Man now my wife really hates FM