• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help Guys-Dandelions

Beaver15

I play for a local town baseball team, and we have trouble with dandelions in the outfield grass. Last fall we also put in an underground irrigation system on the field. That helped choke some of them out this summer as the grass thickened. I was out on the field yesterday and noticed that there are still many dandelions out there.

My question is:

Would now be a good time to apply a weed n feed?? What kind?? Liquid/granular?

I'm not very familiar with lawn care, so any help you could give me is much appreciated.

Personally, I'd wait until the first hard frost of the year.

This will trigger the plant to suck in all the energy it can to winter, and you'll get the best bang for the buck.

However, if you plan on fertilizing, do it sometime in the next 2 weeks, and then again mid October.

We usually spray mid september as there is minimal new weed growth beyond this point and use liquid. Any time in september the plants are taking in nutrient and they will croak just fine. If you are able to locate some Lesco store and get some Momentum which is a broad spectrum herbicide that will take out not only the dandelion, but fox tail and most of the other [PoorWordUsage] that grows in the summer as well. (All but the quack and crab grass)

Other wise hire a service to spray it with the good stuff. I dont have much faith in that weed b gone stuff. I'm sure it works, but after using the commercial stuff, there isn't any comparison.