• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery question about doe's

Pistol Pete

Used to be you could not shoot a doe during the Rifle/shotgun season. I've looked through the regulation a couple of times and can't seem to find anything about it. Can you shoot a doe with archery during the firearms season, in a lottery area, without a antlerless tag??

In the lottery zones; if I take a doe in a lottery zone w/ my archery tag, can I still harvest a buck w/ a rifle/ shotgun during the firearm season in a the same or a different lottery zone? All this new stuff to learn before the season gets hard. I hope they don't change everything again next season.

You may only take a buck in a lottery zone after that if someone else is hunting with you (party hunting). You have burned your one tag for the lottery zone and you can only tag one deer in the lottery zone be it a doe or a buck.

The only way to take a buck on your own is to go to a management or intensive harvest zone from my understanding. Some one correct me if I am wrong.

Froggy

lottery zones only allow the harvest of ONE deer, be it doe or buck. to take a doe with a bow in a lottery zone, you must tag it with your archery tag. if you shoot a buck with bow in a lottery zone, you can no longer shoot a doe with your bow, no matter what season, firearms, and muzzleloader. lottery areas are one deer total. also, correct me if i'm wrong

Soooooo... I can or can not shoot a doe w/ my archery tag and then shoot a buck w/ my firearm tag all in the same lottery zone? One deer total in a lottery zone for all 3 seasons? archery/ firearm/ and muzzleloader. last year in the same zone I could harvest 5 does, kind of wierd if you ask me

thanx jameson; one thing wasn't mentioned though. No bag limit/ unlimited qouta in the metro zone... meaning that any one who buys a tag of any kind in MN can harvest as many deer as they want to. I think the insurance companies have some pretty good/ powerful lobbyist at the capital. Good luck every one; make sure you know what the limits are where you are.