• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How cold????????

dairyman

I went out last nite about 10:30 and covered the tomatoes with sheets and tarps,then this morning sprayed em with water before the sun came out. Time will tell if it did any good. There was heavy frost on the wife's car windshield. Yep--that time of year so hopefully now we'll have another month of decent weather.

The lakes down here around the mankato area have been dropping about a solid degree almost everyday this last week! depending on your location and how much sun is out there. it goes up and down 2-4 degrees during the day when i'm out but that also is including different locations on the lake.

Global warming is one of the worst naming conventions ever used to describe a real environmental issue. Even climate change is still a bad term. The reality is that levels of carbon dioxide are increasing and its attributed to the burning of fossil fuels and the deforestation of the planet.

Rather than mocking science that suggests destroying forests is bad, I suggest you wikipedia carbon dioxide and learn a few of the facts. There is still a lot of debate about what will happen to the planet, but less debate about the reality that carbon in the atmosphere has increased by 35% since 1960.

I personally am uncertain about the impacts, but I find the science to be credible. Fairly global glacial melt is also a reality, but my wife and I were in BC fishing last year and the mountains had snow very late into the year, so year to year may not necessarily be indicative of global warming, but we did see greatly diminished glaciers in other places.

Scientifically speaking, fish are extremely susceptible to increases in carbon dioxide. It is my understanding that the oceans work as carbon sinks and this increases acidity and we all know what acids do to lakes. Again, not sure the extent of the impacts.

Personally, I'm hoping we all have electric cars (okay I'd like a pickup) in the next 30 years and none of us care a [PoorWordUsage] bit about burning fossil fuels from the Saudis, but my reasons are more patriotic than scientific.